I am receiving emails sent from a blackberry and I am trying to determine the phone number in which it was sent from. I am looking through the email headers of that email and I don't believe there is enough information to tell you the phone number? Does anyone know if this is technically possible?
    01-30-10 03:22 PM
    phone numbers have nothing to do with emails... there not even connected in any way
    01-30-10 03:26 PM
    Figured such. I read on a post that if you compose a new message from a blackberry and include the text 'mynumber' it will replace that text and display your number in the new email. Question is, if a blackberry user responds to an email which has that text, will the blackberry replace that text with the phone number when the email is sent? (this can be easily tested on any blackberry)
    01-30-10 03:32 PM
    How did you tell that it was from a blackberry? Was it signed?
    01-30-10 03:39 PM
    on a blackberry when you type mynumber it shows your phone number even on your own end they would know there sending it but again this has nothing to do with email... and the header of email
    01-30-10 03:40 PM
    How did you tell that it was from a blackberry? Was it signed?
    yes it had a signature, plus I can see from the email headers it was sent from a BB and I have a plugin for thunderbird that tells you which client sent the message.

@noaim, yes I understand that they are not related...

I am trying to test: if someone can send themselves an email (to be rec'd on your BB) with the text mynumber in it... then reply to that msg from the BB to see if the 'mynumber' text in the original msg (below the current response) was converted to the cell number?
    01-30-10 04:14 PM
    I am trying to test: if someone can send themselves an email (to be rec'd on your BB) with the text mynumber in it... then reply to that msg from the BB to see if the 'mynumber' text in the original msg (below the current response) was converted to the cell number?
    mynumber is an autotext phrase. The blackberry replaces it with the phone number when the user types "mynumber" followed by a space. If the user doesn't type it, it won't be replaced.

The scenario you are providing is completely impossible. The only way it would work is if the blackberry were parsing the e-mail and editing/replacing stuff on its own. This would only be possible if it were running an app/program designed to pull the e-mail and process it.
    01-30-10 04:27 PM
    I have to ask... what are your intentions with this? If you can't ask this person for the number, then chances are good that they don't want to give you their number and you're asking us to help you do who knows what...
    01-30-10 04:33 PM
    Bro, just ask the broad for her number.
    01-30-10 04:54 PM
    LOL!

She is calling restricted... but sending emails from her bb... so I need to be creative...
    01-30-10 05:30 PM
    Well doesn't that tell you something? Move on and quit making her feel like she's made of gold down you know where. Next chick man.
    01-30-10 05:37 PM
    So true... so true...
    01-30-10 06:40 PM
    lol... now that's funny
    01-30-10 06:45 PM
    move on for real man wait a min let me help you.... lol Free Online Dating at Plentyoffish.com� or Match.com - Register to Begin Match.com's Online Dating Personals Service lol hope this helps you if you want more just Google it.....lol
    01-30-10 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD