***Disclaimer: Since I have my own website now, you can find this guide here at How To Wipe Or Load BlackBerry OS using Loader.exe. It is my first website so do support me ya!***

Hi guys. Here's my second guide on CB and it will be on how to upload OS using Loader.exe instead of using BBSAK. A link on how to use BBSAK is at the bottom of the topic

Opinion: Using Loader.exe is pretty straight forward and it still does its job on cleaning and installing the OS to the phone. Though the step is pretty easier compared to BBSAK, some says that BBSAK wipe is cleaner (okay, it depends on personal preference so no debate here)

Before using Loader.exe
    Make sure you have the latest Desktop Manager installed and also the latest OS (or desired OS) installed in the PC.

Okay, so here's the guide:

Step-by-Step Guide
    1. Always backup your phone. You can backup either using BBSAK or DM. I prefer DM (personal preference here).
    2. You can backup your 3rd party apps too if you want but I usually don't. I will do a fresh download of those apps to be on the safe side.
    3. Close the Desktop Manager.
    4. Now head to C drive by clicking My Computer.
    5. Follow this:

My Computer -> Program Files -> Common Files -> Research In Motion -> AppLoader

6. Now you are inside AppLoader file. Search for the Vendor.xml file.
    7. Select the Vendor.xml file and delete it. Yes delete it.
    8. Scroll up a little and you will see the Loader.exe.
    9. If you have not (or forgotten to) backup your phone, this is a good time to do so.
    10. Double click the Loader.exe and follow the instructions.
    11. From here it will be pretty easy already.
    12. You will reach a screen asking you if you want to do a backup. Since you have already did a backup, select No and proceed.
    13. The loading of the new OS will take about 20 - 45 minutes depending on the device.
    14. Do a battery pull after everything is finished.

Restoring Backup
    1. Now, open DM and select Restore Data.
    2. Select the latest backup you made and you can choose to do a selective restoration for those advance users.

Now, give your phone about 12 hours to 'get used' to the new OS. Do a battery pull or a couple of them when needed and you should be just fine

As promised, here's the link for those who are interested in BBSAK:
    How To Wipe / Load OS Using BBSAK

Wait! You semi-bricked or bricked your BlackBerry? Don't worry. Guide is here: How to revive a bricked BlackBerry

Also, 3 things to do immediately when you lost your BlackBerry!

I hope this helps and feel free to give your comment

Have a great day guys!

*Disclaimer: Please support my website Bloggers Deck as I am working on a free database for all who want to earn money online, become a blogger or simply by earning side income monthly.
    **Disclaimer: If you like my work, visit my personal blog at The Big Fat Reality for more news on technology and more!
    Last edited by reginald_1986; 04-27-12 at 09:56 AM.
    01-10-11 06:03 PM
    very nice write up Reginald! Easy & clear to understand *thumbs up*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    reginald_1986 likes this.
    01-10-11 07:11 PM
    very nice write up Reginald! Easy & clear to understand *thumbs up*

Hey PinkDiamonds.

Thanks for the first post. I meant a world to me with your post
    01-10-11 08:20 PM
    what happened to the other epic thread?

01-10-11 09:11 PM

I created two separate topics So members of the forum can easily choose whichever they are more comfortable with.

win-win situation
    01-11-11 09:35 AM
    Hey PinkDiamonds.

Thanks for the first post. I meant a world to me with your post
    your very welcome! I always try to read up on instructions like this-everyone has their own technique of wording. I've never loaded a leak to my bb but I've always read on "how to". Your write up was very easy to understand, and I'm not the most techy-est (is that a word? Lol) person but I think I do well with what I know
    I will be book marking this one and your other thread on BBSAK so I have it!

01-11-11 10:02 AM
    Hey

No worries. Glad you find it interesting and useful. Just trying to help out in any way possible.

Have a great day!
    01-11-11 06:45 PM

hybrid is free or need pay after use?
    01-16-11 07:33 AM
    Hey

No worries. Glad you find it interesting and useful. Just trying to help out in any way possible.

Have a great day!
    01-16-11 07:33 AM
    No.

NO! You don't have to pay for it! Gosh.

01-16-11 03:02 PM
    No.

NO! You don't have to pay for it! Gosh.

Lol...chill bro. Your reply just made me smile and made my day!

@allanyau

Please do a little scouting. Yes it is free if not you will not see people trying to download them
    01-17-11 12:34 AM
    hi, i'm not seeing the 'vendor file' to delete. what to do?
    01-29-11 11:13 PM
    hi, i'm not seeing the 'vendor file' to delete. what to do?
    It is because:
    1. You are in wrong file
    2. Vendor files has been deleted

If you don't have the vendor file, just direct install (click loader.exe or BBSAK)
    02-06-11 08:34 AM
    This is helpful because it has been my experience that the wipe performed by apploader, and DM for that matter, is more than enough for the standard OS upgrade. It also reduces the chance for problems. The only thing I do differently is I do let it back-up and restore my apps - again, I rarely have problems with this - as long as I have a separate back-up file saved just in case.
    Last edited by exelant; 02-06-11 at 05:00 PM.
    02-06-11 04:00 PM
    Thank you so much for this! Successfully running .450 on my Torch.
    02-20-11 02:54 PM
    Most welvome! glad to help out...

02-21-11 01:40 AM
    This was by far the simplest and most easy to follow tutorial. After 3 days with no BB and searching numerous threads i signed in to post my question but happened to come across your post. Very helpful. Saved me $ too

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    04-16-11 01:56 AM
    What do you do when you run the loader.exe file and go through the whole thing it just skips the updating process and ends?
    04-29-11 03:25 AM
    please i downloaded the new OS for blackberry 9800 and wiped my 9800 but when i want load the new OS it tells me that it cant find the OS file.which is saved on my desktop...please what do i do...i have error 507 on my screen now
    08-14-11 10:18 AM
    please i downloaded the new OS for blackberry 9800 and wiped my 9800 but when i want load the new OS it tells me that it cant find the OS file.which is saved on my desktop...please what do i do...i have error 507 on my screen now
    You only downloaded the device software, but you never installed it. Install it first, then follow the directions on the first page and delete the vendor.xml file before proceeding.

08-14-11 05:29 PM
    Click on the file. Like RB suggests. It will install onto your PC. Then you will be able to load it. Good luck and keep us posted how it turns out.

08-14-11 05:49 PM
    I tried this twice trying to load an official Rim release of OS 6. Followed the instructions to the letter. Uninstalled the OS I had on My PC installed the OS I wanted to load, deleted the vendor file, Rebooted and went thru the process and both times it did not load the new OS.

I suspect that it has something to do with the OS, it was not for Sprint but it is for the 9330.

It would be helpful in a "step by step Guide" if the steps were actually defined rather than telling someone to click on Loader.exe and then not detailing hardly any of the steps after that.

is there supposed to be an option given to choose the OS you want to load? I did not receive one either time.
    08-14-11 11:10 PM
    I tried this twice trying to load an official Rim release of OS 6. Followed the instructions to the letter. Uninstalled the OS I had on My PC installed the OS I wanted to load, deleted the vendor file, Rebooted and went thru the process and both times it did not load the new OS.

I suspect that it has something to do with the OS, it was not for Sprint but it is for the 9330.

It would be helpful in a "step by step Guide" if the steps were actually defined rather than telling someone to click on Loader.exe and then not detailing hardly any of the steps after that.

is there supposed to be an option given to choose the OS you want to load? I did not receive one either time.
    Do you have the curve 3G? Did you use BBSAK to do it?

08-15-11 12:13 AM
    Do you have the curve 3G? Did you use BBSAK to do it?

I have the Sprint Curve 9330 3G, the OS I installed on my PC is Latest Official: 9330 OS 6.0.0.600 from GCI (Multilanguage) which I downloaded from Rim.

Didn't use BBSAK since this guide was for using Loader Exe.
    08-15-11 09:59 AM
    I've tried, using the os 5.xx on the official site. after running the app loader, still the warning "The blackberry desktop software does not have
    blackberry device software for the device That
    you have connected to the computer. contact
    your wireless service provider or system administrator. "I've tried the original driver cd. please help me....
    02-19-12 11:12 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD