alright i DL'd the new 4.5 beta and backed everything up, now i need to erase the bb and load the new OS, not i have searched and cant find anything on the steps to do this, i'm sure its very simple, but i dont want to screw anything up or **** up my curve! if someone could help me out thatd be awesome!
    07-09-08 12:50 PM
    Unless you consider yourself above average to professional computer literate, you should stop there.

The odds are good there will be issues. If you are not confidant in your ability to roll back to a known good OS, you should stop right now.

If you are confidant, delete vendor and start up Applications Loader....

Step #3

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-09-08 12:55 PM
    1) Backup with desktop manager
    2) Wipe handheld
    3) Install the desired OS on your PC and optimize to your liking
    4) Delete the vendor.xml file! (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml)
    5) Plug device into PC, run DM, load OS!
    6) Restore from backup in step 1!
    07-09-08 12:55 PM
    If you want to delete the old OS from your BB then go to options>advanced options>applications. You should have all the core OS stored right their. Hope this helps!
    07-09-08 12:57 PM
    man, nothing like CB Forums for the help when you need it in a flash! thanks guys!! You Rock!
    07-09-08 12:59 PM
    man i Installed the OS on my comp, but now cant find it!

i swear i'm not usually this ********, just being "too careful" so i dont miss a step!

once its installed ont he comp, do u just go ahaead and hook up the phone, run DM and then where do you find the new OS that was installed to load onto the BB?!?!
    07-09-08 01:21 PM
    Please refer to my post above... I detailed this thoroughly enough! ^^

The OS you download will be an .exe

You install this on your PC as any other program you would install... (you can check in add/remove programs!)

Then follow those steps!
    07-09-08 01:23 PM
    thanks man, i figured it out, sorry i just had a blonde moment!
    07-09-08 01:27 PM
    I DL 4.5 it's running fine however I keep getting a icon for a SMS and there is no message can anybody help me out?
    07-09-08 10:52 PM
    If you want to delete the old OS from your BB then go to options>advanced options>applications. You should have all the core OS stored right their. Hope this helps!
    Just for anyone who comes across this thread .... This is absolutely incorrect.
    07-09-08 11:01 PM
    Just for anyone who comes across this thread .... This is absolutely incorrect.
    Yes. Mis-information.I hope nobody actually tries this.
    07-09-08 11:02 PM
    lol amazinglygraceless!
    07-09-08 11:06 PM
    its workin great so far!
    07-10-08 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD