Hi guys, I have a question for the more technically inclined that I hope you can help me with. I'm planning to buy the Priv but I'm not sure which version is compatible with the LTE bands of my carrier (Globe Telecom Philippines). Wikipedia says Globe uses LTE bands 3, 7, and 41. If I match those with the Priv specs already published, they are all present in the STV100-4. However, another forum page says STV100-3 is the APAC version and the 100-4 is for EMEA. The 100-3 only has bands 3 and 41 in common with Globe. STV100-1 has bands 3 and 7 and wireless charging.

So my question is, do I simply match the bands and buy the STV100-4 or is there some fancy calculation involved? Would you recommend STV100-1 even if it only has 2 of the 3 Globe LTE bands because of the extra wireless charging feature?

For reference, my current Q10 SQN100-3 on Globe has bands 3 and 7 in common with Globe but not 41. Thanks in advance.
    10-26-15 11:26 PM
    It's possible to have overlap when it comes to certain carriers. In such cases, the regionality of phones doesn't really matter--in my opinion, that's more availability-driven than where they will work. The STV100-3, for instance, looks to be a global phone.

Regarding STV100-3/4 vs. STV100-1 for the wireless charging--that's a decision you'll have to make. How badly do you want the wireless charging feature? Do you really need it, especially more so than better coverage? Does Globe even have a band 41 network around you, or did it make the list because it's deployed somewhere on the opposite end of the country?
    10-26-15 11:46 PM
    It's possible to have overlap when it comes to certain carriers. In such cases, the regionality of phones doesn't really matter--in my opinion, that's more availability-driven than where they will work. The STV100-3, for instance, looks to be a global phone.

Regarding STV100-3/4 vs. STV100-1 for the wireless charging--that's a decision you'll have to make. How badly do you want the wireless charging feature? Do you really need it, especially more so than better coverage? Does Globe even have a band 41 network around you, or did it make the list because it's deployed somewhere on the opposite end of the country?
    carloeh likes this.
    10-27-15 12:07 AM