Helo every one on Crackberry forum.
    This is my first thread so take it easy.

I want to Install an update on my BlackBerry 9780.
    I already downloaded latest version:

But I do not know how to install this step by step.
    I used the searched function and searched the forums... But I did not found how to do this!?

All I want is to install this new OS.
    My version what I have now:

I use T-Mobile Netherlands.
    Got the latest Desktop from BB. Latest updates etc.
    Win 7 - 64 Bit.

Thanks in advance for answering.
    05-23-11 12:25 PM
    05-23-11 12:34 PM
    You have everything you need, BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a copy of the device OS software.

Check Windows / Control Panel / Programs to verify both are correctly installed.

Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select Applications. If you are not prompted to do an upgrade install, there is one additional step.

Navigate to c:\programs\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.xml. That is a security file that controls which carrier branded model get the software. Deleting it make it available to all carrier brands.
    hannalet likes this.
    05-23-11 01:15 PM
    Follow the directions for installing an OS and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 02:21 PM
    Is it possible to install 6.0.0.576 on my 9780!?
    05-25-11 03:52 AM
    Is it possible to install 6.0.0.576 on my 9780!?
    I believe 6.0.0.576 is for the 9700, you need 6.0.0.570 which you will find here......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-616945/
    05-25-11 09:51 AM
    You have everything you need, BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a copy of the device OS software.

Check Windows / Control Panel / Programs to verify both are correctly installed.

Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select Applications. If you are not prompted to do an upgrade install, there is one additional step.

Navigate to c:\programs\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.xml. That is a security file that controls which carrier branded model get the software. Deleting it make it available to all carrier brands.
    These are really good instructions, but I'm still confused. Please help! I've downloaded the .exe file containing the device software from here. It's installed properly and shows up in the Windows add/remove programs manager. I've deleted vendor.xml (only I found it in C/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader). Now, I try to open Blackberry Desktop Manager to install it, but it doesn't offer to do anything ... what's the next step?
    Last edited by hannalet; 09-27-11 at 02:02 PM.
    09-27-11 01:48 PM
    These are really good instructions, but I'm still confused. Please help! I've downloaded the .exe file containing the device software from here. It's installed properly and shows up in the Windows add/remove programs manager. I've deleted vendor.xml (only I found it in C/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader). Now, I try to open Blackberry Desktop Manager to install it, but it doesn't offer to do anything ... what's the next step?
    You need to install it using the apploader. the DTM will only recognize an official OS.

-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.

Last edited by RoseBud68; 09-27-11 at 02:34 PM.
    09-27-11 02:30 PM
    I have tried running that, and it came up with only one thing to be installed, something to do with syncing music. When I unticked that, it simply said there was nothing to be installed
    09-27-11 02:49 PM
    you need to make sure you delete the old OS on your PC before downloading the new OS you want to install on your phone
    09-27-11 04:34 PM
    I've got as far as getting loader.exe to recognise the new software now, however it hangs at 'uploading RAM image' and sits for a couple of hours till I pull the cable out. I'm using Windows XP on Parallels. Shall I try it with BDM? Do you know why it's hanging?
    09-27-11 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD