Hi,

Is there a way to install the app from AppWorld using PC web browser? In Android, you can browse in Market and then click install. When you go online using your Android phone, the app is automatically downloaded and installed on your phone. Do I have to connect my phone to Blackberry software in Windows to do this?
    01-03-14 05:28 AM
    Hi,

Is there a way to install the app from AppWorld using PC web browser? In Android, you can browse in Market and then click install. When you go online using your Android phone, the app is automatically downloaded and installed on your phone. Do I have to connect my phone to Blackberry software in Windows to do this?
    I never understood this function in the google play store. I don't like software to be installed through a web service on my private device.
    Also, the Blackberry World offers different downloads for different areas of the world. The web interface would need to track you to determine which one to install. I prefer the way it works over this being tracked.
    If you like that functionality to manage devices in a corporate way, you will need to run a BES10 Server.

Otherwise you may use the BlackBerry world on your device.
    01-03-14 05:38 AM
    I'm using Z10 but I don't connect to office network because the company has limited support to BB10. I hate the idea that they're supporting iOS and Android. It's a long story.

About Play Store. I find it easier and convenient to use Play Store, actually the browser PC, when searching for apps and games than the phone itself. I can read the reviews, find related apps, watch videos or see images in a bigger screen and browser easily than any phone, even tablet. In fact, I can also uninstall an app using Play Store. I can browse the BB AppWorld too using PC web browser.

What's the difference if you search and install via BB World app (or Market app in Android)? You still connect to the server which hosts the app. So the BB server can still track you.

I can see the app "download" button when I'm on BB AppWorld while browsing using a PC. However, nothing happens.
    01-03-14 09:01 AM
    I'm afraid there is no such function without a BES.
    About the tracking: I meant, that it would have to track the country you are in from the Web interface, to determine the app version for you (if I got it right) so, I think this would be a technically different to android.

If I got it right, install via Link (like on iTunes) would be sufficient for your needs?

I, personally like the simple interface on the BlackBerry World app, but I get your point. However, this seems not to be possible today

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925 powered cb10
    01-03-14 12:21 PM
    Hi,

Sure you can, with BB10. Go to App World via the PC browser, log in, click download and the app install command is sent to the device wireless. You dont have to tether your device at all. This works on all BB10 devices.
    01-03-14 12:26 PM
    Sure you can, with BB10. Go to App World via the PC browser, log in, click download and the app install command is sent to the device wireless. You dont have to tether your device at all. This works on all BB10 devices.
    Wow!? Then I think the op and I will have to find the error. It never worked for me, but I didn't try it more than 2-3 times over the months.

Did we do something wrong?

01-04-14 03:47 AM
    Wow!? Then I think the op and I will have to find the error. It never worked for me, but I didn't try it more than 2-3 times over the months.

Did we do something wrong?

As Sith said. All I do is login and search around. If I find an app I like I hit download. Within ten seconds my Z10 opens bbworld on its own and downloads and installs app.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 03:57 AM
    I hope this is not constrained to countries. Still can't do it though. Good to know that it's working. I wonder what's the issue on my end.

As Sith said. All I do is login and search around. If I find an app I like I hit download. Within ten seconds my Z10 opens bbworld on its own and downloads and installs app.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 02:49 AM
    Check the default device when on BlackBerry World on the pc.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 02:51 AM