View Poll Results: How important is surfing the web on a mobile device to you?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very important!

49 59.76%
  • Nice to have but not a necessity!

31 37.80%
  • Don't really utilize it!

2 2.44%
    It really depends on the definition of "surfing". My use is mainly a small range of targeted pages like airline check-in, flights, weather and traffic reports. In each case I want one or two known pages, and they are mostly designed for phone/mobile access.

True surfing and extended browsing over widespread pages designed for large high resolution screens is hardly practical on a phone's small screen. It is hard enough on a netbook where the screen is much larger than any phone.
    This is pretty much my opinion also.
    06-09-10 09:31 AM
    Paramount. I am CONSTANTLY looking things up, posting on forums, watching videos. The browser on a phone is 2nd only to the phone itself for me.
    06-09-10 09:36 AM
    I read all my RSS newsfeeds on my phone and then link through when I'm interested in an article. That happens a lot. Having a Storm, Tour 9630 and Moto Droid I only say that surfing on a BB is a painful experience compared to an Android phone.
    06-09-10 09:41 AM
    For me it's nice to have. If I'm home it's my laptop, at the office i use my laptop.. if im out...then i'm out..I try not to even use my phone much less surfing the web lol. But sometimes I will do a quick google search or maybe some directions
    06-09-10 09:43 AM
    Its important to all of you, because if I didn't need to web browse on a mobile device, I probably wouldn't have ever gotten a blackberry, and never would have bothered becoming a member here, thereby depriving you all of the glory of my presence

seriously though, I think it's important, and a key feature of a mobile device. The whole idea of mobile device is to stay connected with a highly portable multi-tool, the internet and web access is a big part of staying connected these days.
    06-09-10 09:54 AM
    You also use the browser to install apps (for the most part).
    06-09-10 10:02 AM
    The need for it is less and less everyday for me. I hardly surf the web at all on either my device or laptop. Outside of CB, I do little to none during the week.
    06-09-10 10:27 AM
    So I have Desktop for heavy internet use, netbook for casual browsing and my Blackberry for light internet. I would say it's nice to have but not a necessity.
    06-09-10 12:38 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD