I'm sure you get some decent discounts too.
    Not on hardware I don't. No. I pay the same as everyone else. I paid $99 with a 3 year renewal for my z10 plus a $330 fee to upgrade early. I sold my gs3 that I got 11 months ago for $300.

I get a minimal discount on a plan only.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:34 AM
    Not on hardware I don't. No. I pay the same as everyone else. I paid $99 with a 3 year renewal for my z10 plus a $330 fee to upgrade early. I sold my gs3 that I got 11 months ago for $300.

I get a minimal discount on a plan only.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, Canada sounds expensive, no way would I take any phone over 3 years contract.
    04-26-13 10:44 AM
    BB10 was created by the development department. The only credit that i would give to those bozos, is lining their pockets, BIG TIME. Just to be fair, i understand that they did fund a school in Waterloo, but whatever they donated, was nowhere near what they took from RIM. Funny, but when it's done on the corporate level, it's called a "golden parachute", not stealing. Another year or two, with those two at the helm, would have definitely sunk the good ship RIM. BB may have risen from the ashes, but they never should have been in that position to begin with. IMHO.
    At least IIRC they are the founders of what we know as RIM, so, how much cash they "Take" from RIM, is enterily up to their conscience.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:23 AM
    It doesn't mean a product that is b priced higher means it is better. It means you paid for the company's advertising budget.

Posted via CB10
    Um, what? This was a response to darkehawke who said that the S3 was priced lower than the Z10 was released, and I said that on T-Mo it was the other way around. Then he clarified that in India it was different. Who mentioned one product being better than another if it's priced higher?
    MarsupilamiX and Moonbase0ne like this.
    04-26-13 11:50 AM
    At least IIRC they are the founders of what we know as RIM, so, how much cash they "Take" from RIM, is enterily up to their conscience.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, i'm reading from a person defending corporate greed. Did you actually use the word "conscience"? LOL
    hvd23 likes this.
    04-26-13 12:53 PM
    Wow, i'm reading from a person defending corporate greed. Did you actually use the word "conscience"? LOL
    It was their own company.
    They made it that big. And they have every right to cash out, because it was their enterprise.

I hear jealousy...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 01:00 PM
    It was their own company.
    They made it that big. And they have every right to cash out, because it was their enterprise.

I hear jealousy...

Posted via CB10
    While I don't care much for this debate, it was NOT their company. The company is publicly traded and belongs to the shareholders.
    hvd23 likes this.
    04-26-13 01:02 PM
    While I don't care much for this debate, it was NOT their company. The company is publicly traded and belongs to the shareholders.
    At least one of them founded it, and the other one... was his friend or so...
    Metaphorically, it "was their company", as they had the idea behind it.

I am well aware that the company is publicly traded, but there was a time before that, as well. That is also why I used the past tense.
    "It was their company", metaphorically, and at a certain point in time, also literally.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 04-26-13 at 01:36 PM.
    04-26-13 01:22 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S4 launched in india 41,500/- INR only.
    Also available on EMI 6 and 12 months with 0 % interest.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 01:28 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S4 launched in india 41,500/- INR only.
    Also available on EMI 6 and 12 months with 0 % interest.

Posted via CB10
    And now wait 2-6 weeks and see how the sales of the Z10 will evolve. And how that affects the price.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 01:35 PM
    So, is this what the crackberry forums have turned into in the last couple of months?
    04-26-13 01:52 PM
    So, is this what the crackberry forums have turned into in the last couple of months?
    Apparently

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 01:55 PM
    Oh yah it's been a hoot....
    So called haters turned so called fans....
    So called fans turned self titled haters.....
    Cats sleeping with dogs.......
    Tom Cruise singing Paradise City......,

It's the end of the world as we know it......and I feel fine....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-26-13 02:03 PM
    It's the end of the world as we know it......and I feel fine....
    Doh... and now I've got that R.E.M. tune on perma-loop in my head!

It could be worse I guess... it's a good tune... and it's driven the disturbing mental image of bobauckland in stilettos and garter belt clean out of my head!
    04-26-13 02:15 PM
    Doh... and now I've got that R.E.M. tune on perma-loop in my head!

It could be worse I guess... it's a good tune... and it's driven the disturbing mental image of bobauckland in stilettos and garter belt clean out of my head!
    **********to those for whom a bit of fun is offensive, this is a deviation from your regularly scheduled thread, with apologies to the OP**********

OK Jeep.........will this keep that other visual out if your head?!?!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-26-13 02:33 PM
    Arrghhh.... Noooooooooooooooh!

"Let's do the Time Warp agaaaaaaain!" LOL

P.S. My wife says she worries about me sometimes...
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    04-26-13 02:41 PM
    And now wait 2-6 weeks and see how the sales of the Z10 will evolve. And how that affects the price.

Posted via CB10
    Will evolve how ? As in?
    FYI 400 phones booked in the first 6 hours of launch under 12 month EMI.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-26-13 02:44 PM
    Will evolve how ? As in?
    FYI 400 phones booked in the first 6 hours of launch under 12 month EMI.

Posted via CB10
    I think he meant they'll evolve the more word gets out about them, via word-of-mouth, advertising, etc.

Last night I was getting a prescription refilled (for high blood pressure nonetheless, maybe if I just stop posting here!) and I was BBMing with a friend while I was waiting. The pharmacist came back with my prescription and I laid my phone down on the counter as I paid. As I was about to leave, he said "I'm sorry, I have to ask, is that one of the new BlackBerrys??" He was interested in seeing how it works so I navigated around for him. He asked if I had aways had BlackBerry and if I liked the phone. I mentioned I had been on Android for about 3 years, and getting used to the Z10 was definitely a transition, but I didn't have too many complaints. Maybe next time I go back there he'll have one too!
    04-26-13 02:53 PM
    I think he meant they'll evolve the more word gets out about them, via word-of-mouth, advertising, etc.
    Absolutely.
    If the sales surpass expectations, the price will not change much.

If not, you will see the pricd drop very soon. The next 2-6 weeks will show us that.
    It is also entirely possible, that BBRY has already made the plans, to drop the price in favour of a higher priced Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 05:49 PM
    Wow, Canada sounds expensive, no way would I take any phone over 3 years contract.
    I pay $70 before employee discount for unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited text/pic/video messaging, caller ID, voicemail and 3GB of data. That is a plan that is available to anyone.

I don't have an issue with a 3 year contract. I've been with the same provider for home phone, internet, satellite and mobility for at least 18 years now (for my home phone, added the others 10 years ago). I'm not leaving them, so why should I have an issue with a 3 year contract? I have the option to buy the phone outright and go month to month if I want, but since I am perfectly happy with my provider and have been for years (far longer than I've worked for them, by the way, I've worked for them for 2 and a half years and been a customer of theirs for 18) I am perfectly happy to sign a contract. Personally, I couldn't live with cheap service, no contract and being stuck on 3G or 2G like you are, so there you go.

We have carriers that have no contracts here incidentally. I just prefer the service and customer care I've always gotten from mine, so I am fine with signing a contract. You don't honestly think we are stuck with the same phone for the duration of the 3 years, do you?
    04-26-13 09:55 PM
    I pay $60 before discount for unlimited Canada wide talking, unlimited text, caller ID, voicemail and 6 GB of data.
    I've got almost the exact same plan from retentions last fall
    reeneebob likes this.
    04-26-13 10:00 PM
    I've got almost the exact same plan from retentions last fall
    LOL I had to go back and edit - that's my husbands plan and my OLD one, I had to go with a BIS plan for the Z10 (BOO HISS BOO) so I'm now on the $70 unlimited Canada wide with 3 GB, but since we are on shared I have 9 GB at my disposal. It's late and I'm tired.

Came in handy in ICU for Netflix let me tell you, I couldn't rent a TV for my 4 day stay.

As an employee, I get a 35% discount on services on top of that though, so I actually get the plan for $45.50 and my husbands 6GB plan for $39.
    04-26-13 10:09 PM
147 ... 456