is there a way to have the bb check a server more often for new email
    08-17-09 01:55 PM
    Its push email, it doesn't need to check more often.
    08-17-09 01:59 PM
    What problems are you having?
    08-17-09 01:59 PM
    it takes about 20 minutes for my bb to get new email from one of my email clients
    08-17-09 02:25 PM
    What email client? have you tried resending your service books?
    08-17-09 02:27 PM
    yes its a work mail running on a pop server
    Last edited by hellraiser1454; 08-17-09 at 03:02 PM.
    08-17-09 02:57 PM
    occasionally I have problems with my work email but it is server related, especially when I get emails in the middle of the night that let me know its completely not working. That being said, you aren't giving me very much info like if it through an exchange server or if has been working faster before. So here is what I would do to start. Batter pull, re-reister your BB with the network and then go to your carrier BIS site and resend service books and make sure you get a confirmation email on the email address you are having problems with. Good luck.
    08-17-09 03:02 PM
    sorry it i dont know if it goes through an exchange it has always been thatslow for this email client the service books have been resent several times and i have registered with the network a few times

when a new emai comes in it sits on the server for 20 min before ging to my bb but if im at work the mail downloads to the mail program on my computer every minute and there is a copy of the message on the server at all times
    08-17-09 03:10 PM
    i have run a diagnostic test and it list the email address and then says connected to the email address no
    and it is saying this for 2 mail clients but i am receiveing emails from these clients

i can pin u the report i u would like
    or i can email it to you
    08-17-09 09:14 PM
    I am new to the Blackberry aswell, only had the bold for about a week now.. and my emails can take upto 15 minutes to get to me. I am running on a POP and just through outlook, all messages are left on the server. I was told that the blackberry device checks for emails every 15 minutes? Is this not correct?
    08-17-09 09:22 PM
    I'm sure I read somewhere that blackberry checks email every 30 mins until it recieves a mail then it checks every 10 mins for 30 mins then goes back to the default check every 30 mins
    But if you have a "device" email it is pushed straight to your phone immediately
    So a pop email and work mail can take 30 mins to come through
    But your device mail is pretty instant

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 04:33 AM
    i have my email account pushed and it is instant, just fyi.

not sure about your case unfortunately.
    08-18-09 10:21 AM
    This has been discussed many times on this forum before.
    For BIS (any email not on an exchange server / BES):
    Gmail and Yahoo = almost instant push to your BB device (gmail is faster than yahoo though).

ANY other email acct - whether it's hotmail, or a work email, basically any other domain, follows the following rules:
    Checks for email every 15 minutes. If new messages are received, then it will check again every 3 mins as long as it keeps receiving new email msgs. If there is no new email the next time it checks, then it goes back to checking every 15 mins.

I hope that helps clear things up.
    08-18-09 10:48 AM
    I solved this problem by switching to imap. Emails now take 7 seconds to arrive and the sent emails now show on windows mail app as well. Before I was waiting between 5-15 minutes for my work emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 11:09 AM
    I have the same problem with one pop server mail address. All my other mail gets pushed instantly
    08-18-09 12:01 PM
    This has been discussed many times on this forum before.
    For BIS (any email not on an exchange server / BES):
    Gmail and Yahoo = almost instant push to your BB device (gmail is faster than yahoo though).

ANY other email acct - whether it's hotmail, or a work email, basically any other domain, follows the following rules:
    Checks for email every 15 minutes. If new messages are received, then it will check again every 3 mins as long as it keeps receiving new email msgs. If there is no new email the next time it checks, then it goes back to checking every 15 mins.

I hope that helps clear things up.
    How do you adjust these settings? VIA BB? or the email client? Or am I just missing the directions that have already been posted?
    09-08-09 12:12 PM
    For BIS: there is no adjustment. This is the way it works and the end user has no control over it.
    09-08-09 12:23 PM
    I get the emails faster on the device than I do on my pc.....using BIS...
    09-08-09 12:29 PM
    I get the emails faster on the device than I do on my pc.....using BIS...
    I just got my Tour yesterday. I'm noticing that I'm getting my some of my emails quickly from gmail, some slow, but i am missing about half that get sent to my gmail account.

I think I have some config issues, as I'm still waiting for a download link from the CB store that I had sent 3 hours ago to my Tour. I sent it to my Storm email address and it showed up almost immediately. Anyone have any thoughts?
    09-08-09 12:47 PM
    09-08-09 12:56 PM
    Helloo im wondering if anyone could help me, my parenenst have brought me a blackberry about a month ago. and i sent it away to get unlocked as im not on vodephone, and before and after i still couldnt recieve or make calls or texts. i got told i needed a blackberry sim card but i didnt knoe the even exsisted? im very confused and dont know whether it is broke. HELP ME !!! X
    09-08-09 01:01 PM
    thanks forever29. I had forgotten about that post. I've been on BES for so long, I forgot how BIS ran. Thanks for the Link!
    09-08-09 01:06 PM
    I just got my Tour yesterday. I'm noticing that I'm getting my some of my emails quickly from gmail, some slow, but i am missing about half that get sent to my gmail account.

I think I have some config issues, as I'm still waiting for a download link from the CB store that I had sent 3 hours ago to my Tour. I sent it to my Storm email address and it showed up almost immediately. Anyone have any thoughts?
    I did notice that Gmail was running a little slow in pushing some emais to my BB the last few days. It appears to have been temporary.
    You were probably experiencing the same thing.
    09-08-09 01:45 PM
    10-4 thanks for the confirmation. Makes me feel better. I didn't want to think everything was user error. Although most things are
    09-08-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD