I know that Blackberry's security is great. But how is it compared to windows 10 on lumia? Also the new Leap device seem to be exclusively about security. Are its security features better than those on the classic?
    03-06-15 08:15 PM
    I'm wondering the same. It's generally understood that BB10 OS is more secure than Android, but I don't know what it is about BB10 that supposedly makes it more secure.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-06-15 08:27 PM
    It's only marginally better than the rest. Unless you're on bes. Then, yes, there's an advantage

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:20 PM
    I know that Blackberry's security is great. But how is it compared to windows 10 on lumia? Also the new Leap device seem to be exclusively about security. Are its security features better than those on the classic?
    It's tough to say for sure. If Windows 10 is truly modeled on the post-NT style architecture as a core concept with the Win7/8/vista family overlayed then it's dangerous because it's familiar to hackers as a platform.

If it's built on some wonky thing like WP, then it's kind of safe, because its safe by obscurity.

What's done well for BlackBerry besides being QNX unix-like posix, is that their core OS keeps quiet on big security risks. So it's more rare to have a same day exploit for a bug discovered.

But I suppose people could argue many ways. You'd need a security expert to weigh in

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    03-07-15 01:21 AM
    As good as your home's security alarm system.
    03-07-15 02:58 AM
    The primary failing in any security situation is the user. Bad practices can make the most secure platform a total fail as far as data safety.

BlackBerry uses Elliptical Curve Encryption and remains the only mobile OS certified to operate on secure DoD networks. When they talk about using quantum computers to break ECC you know you have something special.
    03-08-15 11:04 AM