Im changing from my 9780 to a Torch and wondered how its possible to backup everything i have on the 9780 and then put it all on the Torch ? Would like blackberry messages, pictures, themese etc, just basically clone the 9780 and add it to the Torch, is this possible ?cheers
    02-06-11 10:51 AM
    Desktop Manager gives you the option to backup your media card, as well as messages and emails. The BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife app (BBSAK) also lets you backup 3rd party apps, and I believe that includes themes. Although keep in mind that many themes for the 9780 may not work or even install on the Torch.
    02-06-11 11:06 AM
    Connect your 9780, then from the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, click Device from the top left menu, then choose Switch Device, then click next, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager will now backup everything, apps, messages, BBM contacts, and transfer them to your new Torch. It will ask you to connect the Torch at the end of the process.

IF you don't have the option of having both devices with you at the same time, then the only option would be to create a full backup using BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then also Backup all your apps uing BBSAK, then load them on the Torch.

With the second way though, you will manually need to add your BBM contacts as they won't be migrated.

Good Luck
    02-06-11 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD