i have a file called flower.jpg which is under the samples folder on the device memory. my friend doesn't have that picture and wants me to send it to her. I can't figure out how to attach it to a text message to send to her to save because it doesn't show up under preloaded pictures or picture folders.

thanks,

Janice
    11-19-08 11:27 AM
    my friend wants to use that jpg as her background picture on the desktop.
    11-19-08 11:28 AM
    I could be wrong, but I don't think you can do it with the sample pictures because of the way they are locked. But, have you tried to send it via bluetooth?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 11:43 AM
    I can't grab ahold of the file to attach it to anything. I can go to PRELOADED pictures and find it, but when I go to compose a text msg and attach a file, I can't get to where the sample jpg files are located to attach it.

janice
    11-19-08 01:53 PM
    When you go to your Preloaded pictures and find the one you want, hit your menu key and you should see several "Send As" options.
    11-19-08 02:03 PM
    There is no "send as" option on the menu when I'm viewing a preloaded picture. It's a different menu for PRELOADED versus your own PICTURE folder.
    punt...
    11-19-08 02:28 PM

There is a way.

Use a screen capture utility like CrackUtil to capture the image and save it too a computer file. Then it is a simple matter of attaching the image for the recipient to save and use.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-19-08 at 02:53 PM.
    11-19-08 02:45 PM
    That's a good workaround, but still doesn't address the fact that you can't send sample pictures directly.
    11-19-08 02:49 PM
    I agree the workaround is not what i was looking for. I'd rather not have to get into downloading other programs to simply attach a sample jpg from the phone it's loaded on, and send to another phone. Must be an oversight in the design or a flaw?
    11-20-08 08:43 AM
    The preloaded images are locked. This is by design.
    11-20-08 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD