This solution worked for me, and it didn't cost one penny.
    03-09-08 08:50 AM
    I'm having this same problem...I've had my hotmail account for 5+ years, but I upgraded it to a Windows Live account within the past year. Hotmail won't allow me to forward to my bb address, and I can't activate the account on my bb. I've tried activating it through my PC also, and I get an error message every time. I spent an hour on the phone with at&t tech support yesterday about it, and I still haven't been able to figure it out. So frustrating!
    Last edited by angarrett81; 03-09-08 at 03:24 PM.
    03-09-08 03:22 PM
    I know there may be other workarounds, but I have been using this for some time now and it works great.

IF you only use hotmail then you can create an @tmo.blackberry.net e-mail address (If you are T-mobile)... or just create a carrier specific address. When you do this set your reply to address as [email protected]. This way when your friends receive your emails it will look as if it is coming from your Hotmail account.

Then use Izymail ......and sign up there for free (is olny good for 30 e-mails, then it's 17 bucks for the year). After you pay for the year you can get emails sent to you every 10 mins.

Now it's not as great as syncing, but it's a workaround.

Cheers!

JW
    Well thats not really a workaround, you can do that with any email address. So if you do that, yeah it will say from your hotmail address, but when they respond it will go to your hotmail which wont go to your blackberry.... So there is no real point in having emails say they are from your hotmail if people respond and you dont get to see it till you check your hotmail. Yeah, just upgrade to the paid hotmail. For whatever reason, Microsoft is cheap ****s and they want you to pay them for everything for it to work properly.
    03-09-08 03:52 PM
    I'm sorry - I think I don't understand what's wrong here.
    I get my hotmail forwarded to my blackberry just like my other 4 email accounts... gmail, school, etc.
    Which problem are you guys discussing?
    Very few people get lucky and have their hotmail integrate just fine, but most of the time it wont work, since its not supposed to.
    03-09-08 03:54 PM
    I use my hotmail on my at&t curve all the time. I can't use it with the push technology but I can access it manually using the bb browser. There is a link to it through medianet. Fwiw, opera mini works with hotmail just by browsing to hotmail.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-08 06:13 PM
    I use my hotmail on my at&t curve all the time. I can't use it with the push technology but I can access it manually using the bb browser. There is a link to it through medianet. Fwiw, opera mini works with hotmail just by browsing to hotmail.com

Same here. I'm on my 4th curve (had a few mishaps...) and I had a problem for about a week once I got this newest one, but now my hotmail comes in just fine.
    03-09-08 06:30 PM
    Yeah I can go to the BB browser and check it but really what's the point? I could have done that with my RAZR. I wanted to waste some more time today so I called Sprint's BB support today and needless to say...nothing. I don't even think they know where they are at, must less what they are talking about!
    03-10-08 10:30 PM
    I paid the $20 and mine come through with no problems. No complaints here.
    03-10-08 10:41 PM
    how did you get to the premium hotmail service? i have hotmail and could not add it last night to my new curve. what would you suggest?
    03-13-08 11:02 AM
    I tried 2 forward my hotmail acct 2 my BB and it snt a verification email to my BB that said to log in to my hotmail and I did & got in to the inbox and chk'd the 2 emails that were in there already, but havnt been able to get a new email to forward to me yet. In my hotmail forwarding option it still says pending verfication....does anyone know how long this takes?
    03-18-08 11:35 AM
    :P I had no problems with it... I get my emails from hotmail just like i do with my other 2 email accounts... i also have my hotmail account with outlook... this situation is weird I was trying to help my friend who wanted to do the same hook up his hotmail to outlook and BB and it kept saying to upgrade the account :S
    weird... :P
    Last edited by psychoelaine; 03-18-08 at 02:33 PM.
    03-18-08 02:31 PM
    ok - so now my hotmail says my mail is being forwarded to another email addy (mine) but i dont get any notification that theres a new email there....any ideas? i can get 2 my inbox if i go to it through the browser but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of having it forwarded to my bb email addy!
    03-18-08 03:09 PM
    You can try mobile.msn.com to add hotmail. Click on the browser icon. Click on menu and add it at Go To

Best,

Otto
    Last edited by Ottojr; 03-19-08 at 01:19 PM.
    03-19-08 12:38 PM
    Hi, My name is jean.I stumbled on the solution a couple days ago about, how to setup the hotmail in a blackberry curve.
    First thing is to setup the email you want to use, by going to your service provider website. once you've setup the email through their website.
    once thats done, go to your blackberry and set it up through the wizard...Done
    Thats all.....
    07-05-08 02:18 PM
    Hi, My name is jean.I stumbled on the solution a couple days ago about, how to setup the hotmail in a blackberry curve.
    First thing is to setup the email you want to use, by going to your service provider website. once you've setup the email through their website.
    once thats done, go to your blackberry and set it up through the wizard...Done
    Thats all.....
    it works now because of bis 2.5- before that it didnt work. now you can just add it like any other email and it will work fine but you have to reenter your password every 90 days or it will stop working.
    07-05-08 04:51 PM
    How did you setup your Hotmail to work with your BB? I'm a brand newbie.
    09-23-08 02:11 PM
    Thank you for the tip.

I can now get my mail when I am on the road.
    09-23-08 03:46 PM
    You can't forward your Hotmail address somewhere else unless you pay for the Plus service.
    My free hotmail is sent thru my bb, its the only email I use.. I just follwed the instructions during setup.

~pooh luvs jamrock~

crackd out on my berry

09-23-08 03:53 PM
    Csn someone help me with my BB problem. I've had a BB Curve for 1.5 yrs and everything was working fine with my hotmail. Just 2 weeks ago things started to change. When I check hotmail messages on my BB they still show up as "unread" when I use a computer to look at my hotmail acct. Any ideas or suggestions would greatly be appreicated.
    09-07-09 02:12 PM
    Hotmail works fine? What's the problem? Had it for years and all emails get sent to my bold!

09-07-09 07:09 PM
    Please read my first post to see my issue
    09-08-09 06:52 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD