I had erased and uninstalled doc to go thinking I would never use it. Well now I wish I had it, so I do I go about getting it back?

Thanks,
    MrsStraty
    05-01-09 07:48 PM
    You can reinstall it with the app loader or you can get it from the dataviz website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 08:01 PM
    I went to app loader and I didnt see it and on Dataviz you have to pay for it.

MrsStraty
    05-01-09 08:03 PM
    You can download the standard version [ ie does not have editing function ] free of cost; if you had a premium version earlier ie with PDF to go and with editing optons , you would need to activate your free version from your mobile [ by pressing the activate optons in the menu ].
    05-01-09 08:16 PM
    If you have OS 4.5 installed on your PC, when you open App Loader in Desktop Manager and inspect the candidate apps to be installed, you should see a checkbox for Docs to Go. It is not checked by default. Make sure you've installed the proper OS on your desktop when you connect your device.

05-01-09 08:20 PM
    05-01-09 08:58 PM
    You can download the standard version [ ie does not have editing function ] free of cost; if you had a premium version earlier ie with PDF to go and with editing optons , you would need to activate your free version from your mobile [ by pressing the activate optons in the menu ].
    The Standard version can edit & save, just not create. Get around that issue by keeping a blank document & spreadsheet on your BB.
    05-02-09 12:21 PM
    Thanks guys! I got it back for free! Standard version but it is doing what I need for it to do!
    05-02-09 04:34 PM
    The Standard version can edit & save, just not create. Get around that issue by keeping a blank document & spreadsheet on your BB.
    Nice idea. I am gonna have to do this.

05-02-09 04:42 PM
    Does anyone have a link to the standard version?
    05-02-09 07:26 PM
    Does anyone have a link to the standard version?
    Go to the following page to have an OTA link sent to your device.

Documents to Go Product Downloads

05-03-09 01:44 AM
    Probably the easiest way to obtain DocsToGo Standard is to download the exact same Operating System that you have on your phone (go to Options, About and read off the 3rd line down - thats the OS version).

Now download the correct OS for your phone either from here BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites for your carrier and device. If you are not running a carrier released OS then look in the Beta OS forum.

Install the OS on your phone and then connect your phoen to your PC and run Desktop Manager. Use the Application Loader to install DocsToGo.

Once done, run one of the DocsToGo apps and register and then download the free update.

A bit long winded but it gets you the software for free and is totally legal.
    05-03-09 01:57 AM
    Pete, How do I install OS on my phone? I downloaded the latest version and extracted it but when I open it there are no files to load. I tried several times to do this. My operating system is 4.5.0.77 and although I followed all the previous steps but can't seem to install the OS on my phone. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Jules621; 05-03-09 at 10:49 AM.
    05-03-09 08:15 AM
    Pete, How do I install OS on my phone? I downloaded the latest version and extracted it but when I open it there are no files to load. I tried several times to do this. My operating system is 4.5.0.77 and although I followed all the previous steps but can't seem to install the OS on my phone. What am I doing wrong?
    The first thing I would do is make sure you backup your device and your 3rd party apps. Now delete any other device OS that you may have from a previous update on your computer. Next download the latest OS for your device. After downloading the file, double click on it to install to your computer. Then go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/ and delete the vendor.xml file. While you are still in this location, double click the loader.exe file to open up the app loader and start the installation process. Just continue like you would for any other OS upgrade by picking your pin then your apps you want installed and just click next twice to install.

05-03-09 11:54 AM
    Then go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/ and delete the vendor.xml file. While you are still in this location, double click the loader.exe file to open up the app loader and start the installation process. Just continue like you would for any other OS upgrade by picking your pin then your apps you want installed and just click next twice to install.

How do I do this part? Where is program files located? Sorry I am sooo new to all this technical stuff!
    05-03-09 08:41 PM
    Then go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/ and delete the vendor.xml file. While you are still in this location, double click the loader.exe file to open up the app loader and start the installation process. Just continue like you would for any other OS upgrade by picking your pin then your apps you want installed and just click next twice to install.

How do I do this part? Where is program files located? Sorry I am sooo new to all this technical stuff!
    It's one of the folders inside your hard drive folder (C:/).

Last edited by ArmaK; 05-03-09 at 10:03 PM.
    05-03-09 10:00 PM
    OK found it. However, Research in Motion's app loader is NOT a folder or zip file and won't open. When I click on it it says, something about binary stored in a specified path or debug it for problems???? and module could not be found....???????????????
    05-04-09 06:39 AM
    OK found it. However, Research in Motion's app loader is NOT a folder or zip file and won't open. When I click on it it says, something about binary stored in a specified path or debug it for problems???? and module could not be found....???????????????
    Make sure that you are clicking the loader.exe file and not the application_loader.dll file. If you are saying that you are missing the AppLoader folder, that means you don't have Desktop Manager installed. You must install DM first.

05-04-09 07:09 AM
    Nice idea. I am gonna have to do this.

Just remember to use "Save As" and you'll be fine.
    05-04-09 03:11 PM
    Actually when I try to reinstall Docs2Go, despite DM sais that installation preocedure was OK and despite I can find Documents2Go in Applications list, I cannot find nowhere the icons to launch the programs. I have uninstall and reinstalled th whole procedure 2ice with no luck.. Any suggestions?
    05-20-09 01:04 AM
    Make sure that the apps aren't hidden on you device. From the home screen, press the bb key and select show all. Now look on your home screen and the various folders to see if you can find the apps. If found, highlight the app, press the bb key and select hide.

05-20-09 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD