Alright i have seen a lot of people asking how to get their signal back at full strenght (EDGE/egde - 1XEV/1xev) so here's the first thing you should always try.

Here's a quick round up:

1. Remove the battery and let the phone sit for around 30 sec.
    2. Call (#228 for VZW/#22803 for Telus/#22803 for Bell) -> option 1 -> option 2 [update PRL] (wait until the call hangup by itself)
    3. Call (#228 for VZW/#22803 for Telus/#22803 for Bell) -> option 1 -> option 1 [activation] (wait until the call hangup by itself)
    4. Remove the battery and let the phone sit for around 30 sec.
    5. Put battery back and wait to get confirmation messages that your blackberry is now register on the network. After that you should be good to go.
    (6).If you don't receive any message. Go to options, advanced options, host table routes, and select whatever you want and click register.

Normally it should fix your problem is still having issue well time for a little re-install of the os!
    I wish that it's helpful for anybody out there who's having problem.

PS: if anybody have the numbers for the activation service of any other carrier PM me i will had it to the list!
    Last edited by ruffhunter; 04-05-09 at 12:00 AM.
    04-04-09 11:56 PM
    What a load of BS. Futzing around with updates and activation isn't going to resolve signal strength issues from a bad tower.

The Battery Pull might help because it forces the phone to rescan available towers, but it will be quicker to try ManageConnections and turn the radio Off then On. If that doesn't work try moving to a better location - which might mean a few feet away by the window, or a few miles where there's a working tower.
    04-05-09 04:14 AM
    I don't know, I had really weird issues once where my curve was erratically switching from 1x to 1X, 1exev to 1EXEV and anything in between. Going into "Manage Connections" and turning the radio off / on didn't really fix it. Luckily all it took was a battery pull. Hopefully I'll never have to call Sprint tech support. (Haven't had to yet as a 2 year customer)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 05:17 AM
    What a load of BS. Futzing around with updates and activation isn't going to resolve signal strength issues from a bad tower.

The Battery Pull might help because it forces the phone to rescan available towers, but it will be quicker to try ManageConnections and turn the radio Off then On. If that doesn't work try moving to a better location - which might mean a few feet away by the window, or a few miles where there's a working tower.
    Dude know you're stuff before saying anything that only works when you get full coverage but can't get EDGE or 1XEV it's only a method that will reset you device registration and the PRL list. I have been doing this with a lot of client and did work EVERY time execpt for blackberry user who need their pin removed from the BIS network and registered again....... damm sometimes people always complaint about something....

And if that doesn't apply to you well good just pass your way.
    04-05-09 05:28 PM
    Actually, know your stuff first. The dial code for us is *228 and it's option 2, and all that does is update your roaming list, for if you're outside of our network coverage. As for the removing the battery, it makes more difference if you do it for 1-2 minutes. 30 seconds does nothing. Don't forget a tower's signal integrity is really only incredible for up to 5 miles, so if you're more than 5 miles from a tower, you're likely going ot get bad coverage no matter what troubleshooting steps you take.
    04-05-09 06:46 PM
    Actually, know your stuff first. The dial code for us is *228 and it's option 2, and all that does is update your roaming list, for if you're outside of our network coverage. As for the removing the battery, it makes more difference if you do it for 1-2 minutes. 30 seconds does nothing. Don't forget a tower's signal integrity is really only incredible for up to 5 miles, so if you're more than 5 miles from a tower, you're likely going ot get bad coverage no matter what troubleshooting steps you take.
    just fyi with the right antenna you can get MILES from the tower im over 20 miles from my tower but im using a parabolic dish antenna and a preamp on a 75 ft tower
    04-05-09 06:56 PM
    just fyi with the right antenna you can get MILES from the tower im over 20 miles from my tower but im using a parabolic dish antenna and a preamp on a 75 ft tower
    Which isn't supported. Yes, you can do that, and yes it should work, but if it doesn't it's way out of our realm of support. What I'm talking about is basic handset to tower connectivity.
    04-05-09 07:05 PM
    Dude know you're stuff before saying anything that only works when you get full coverage but can't get EDGE or 1XEV it's only a method that will reset you device registration and the PRL list.
    This is nothing to do with network coverage. Network coverage is all about radio propagation and strength/quality of signal. Your choice of subject line was inaccurate and misleading but I don't know if the forum lets you edit it after posting.
    04-06-09 04:29 PM
    What screws up network coverage is an improper HOME NID that is a 5 digit code in your phone and the Home SID is a 2 digit code if those are wrong your signal will jump all over the place.
    08-03-09 02:04 PM
    I experienced intermittent network dropouts immediately after moving between timezones in Australia. I turned off all network updating of time, date and zone and the issue went away. Worth a try.
    11-03-16 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD