Trying to figure out how to connect to my 9700 bold on my parents wi-fi connection? my parents connection recognizes my device, however is asking for the pairing code and i have no idea where to find it. They said it might be on my device, and looked, pulled the battery and entered all the numbers and still not recognizing it. What am I doing wrong, just don't have the right code?

Only trying to test it out before I go by my own wireless router as I still don't have one, lol!

Thanks for the info.
    03-19-10 07:59 PM
    Trying to figure out how to connect to my 9700 bold on my parents wi-fi connection? my parents connection recognizes my device, however is asking for the pairing code and i have no idea where to find it. They said it might be on my device, and looked, pulled the battery and entered all the numbers and still not recognizing it. What am I doing wrong, just don't have the right code?

Only trying to test it out before I go by my own wireless router as I still don't have one, lol!

Thanks for the info.
    Is your parents router password protected? If so I would assume that would be what it wants is the password to unlock the router to your device. My password secured router will recognize a device but will not allow it access without the code.
    03-20-10 01:41 AM
    Yeah it is secured, however I entered in what I thought were the codes and no mas...never did get a chance to see how it would work. Will try again today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 08:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...-video-426512/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

This should explain what you need to know.

If you have the option and the router supports it, go for WAP or WAP2 encryption. WEP is well cracked and won't keep neighbors' kids out of your router for more than a few minutes.
    03-20-10 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD