If you want to increase your speed, become an auto-text power user. I have over 400 or the most commonly used English wrds abbreviated in auto-text, creating a personal shorthand. It saves me many keystrokes in every sentence. It's not just about typos and "special" words and phrases. I'll never own a phone without auto-text. It's much more powerful than predictive.

Ubizmo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I use auto-text for part numbers and for common phrases, not for commonly misstyped words, or too much short hand, I think if RIM made a way that I could load an Auto-text via a csv file then I might try it.

IF I am writing work related emails my WPM shoots way up vs writing BBM/chatting which is what my numbers are based on, thanks to auto-text
    10-30-10 07:04 AM
    I still have the 9700 so if I can get some help this weekend I'll email you
    a video.
    I would love to see the video

I practiced based on how you described it last night, very error prone currently for me, and about 15WPM with 2 hands, but the stumbling block is getting my index finger to move.

though I will still remain 90% one handed, would be worth while learning 2 handed 3 digit typing
    10-30-10 07:06 AM
    hey guys.i think its good to write correct rather fast.
    10-30-10 01:08 PM
    Yep - I blame my speed on wanting to make sure my spelling is right! Having said that, I'm doing a lot better on my 9100 keypad that on the old T9 pads. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Suretype and the combination of words that can be predicted using two letters per key as opposed to three letters per key making words appear faster? Any thoughts about that?
    11-01-10 06:32 PM
    Yep - I blame my speed on wanting to make sure my spelling is right! Having said that, I'm doing a lot better on my 9100 keypad that on the old T9 pads. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Suretype and the combination of words that can be predicted using two letters per key as opposed to three letters per key making words appear faster? Any thoughts about that?
    The only thing about using the predictive text on suretype is that it won't recognize custom words (slang) so that can trip you up. It will also get confused at times if the key combination actually can spell more than one word.
    11-01-10 07:29 PM
    It depends on how much I have had to drink, but I had a race with my brother who has a nokia bar phone and uses predictive text (both of us sober) and I beat him pretty bad... And he thinks he is a superfast txter. I couldn't guess how many wpm I can bang out though.

11-02-10 11:40 AM
    What do you guys use to check your speed on the BB?
    11-02-10 11:53 AM
    In all honesty, I'm far too fast for my own good, but then that's probably just a representation of how long I spent on my BB each and every day. I wonder if typetest.com would work from a BB?
    11-02-10 02:29 PM
    Horribly fast XD

11-02-10 03:28 PM
    In all honesty, I'm far too fast for my own good, but then that's probably just a representation of how long I spent on my BB each and every day. I wonder if typetest.com would work from a BB?
    Why do you think that you are too fast for your own good? Are you accurate? Spped and accuracy are all that matters.

11-02-10 03:35 PM
    Why do you think that you are too fast for your own good? Are you accurate? Spped and accuracy are all that matters.

Says the guy who misspelled "speed"

Posted from my damn phone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 04:35 PM
    Says the guy who misspelled "speed"

Posted from my damn phone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lol. That's why I have to keep practicing.

11-02-10 06:41 PM
    Well I only had my BB for about a month now and I can actually type pretty fast now

11-24-10 08:30 AM
    I am getting to the point that I know the keyboard and can type by touch. Not as fast as some of the teens I've seen though.

11-24-10 10:34 AM
    very slow verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow
    11-24-10 12:25 PM
    About 60WPM and if I don't think about it...faster.
    11-24-10 01:24 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD