My area doesn't have 3G but I'm still thinking of getting a Blackberry Bold. I'm just wondering how tolerable is it not to have 3G? Am I going to want to kill myself while waiting for news sites to load?
    06-15-08 04:35 PM
    3G is fast, at least twice as fast as edge. I think the bold has a lot more to offer, so no 3G coverage wouldn't be a show stopper for me.

With that said, edge is plenty fast, for the type of browsing that I usually do. No blackberry is going to give you a media rich browsing experience (no flash), but it gets the job done.
    06-15-08 04:50 PM
    It all boils down to what a single person considers fast. One man's fast is another man's slow.

EDGE, for me, is pretty slow. It isn't so bad if you have 4-5 bars of signal and are viewing sites that are optimized for a mobile browser, but even with that same strong signal, some non-optimized sites can drag like the days of 28k modems. If you have a weak signal, the experience as a whole can be painful.

The types of sites you view, the signal you get, and what you personally expect out of the network are really the determining factors that will give you an answer to your question.
    06-15-08 05:27 PM
    Remeber the bold has twice the processor that the curve has, so everything is going to be faster! Although the network might not be as fast as 3G, the Bold with edge will be faster than the curve with edge just because of the processor..IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 05:43 PM
    wifi is nice
    06-15-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD