Hi guys,
    I did search in the forum about this but returned nothing. I am wondering how can I enable WiFi in my BlaclBerry Pearl 8120? I don't see any icon on homepage to start with. I don't have data plan and my carrier is AT&T. I have router at home and want to connect to it to transfer some of my fils.

Thanks for any help.
    04-08-08 05:12 PM
    I'm not sure if the 8120 is the same as my 8820 but on my desktop, I have a Manage Connections icon. From there click on Set up Wi-fi network.
    04-08-08 05:32 PM
    There should be an icon that says Set up wifi. If not, you should be able to access it through the Manage Connections icon.
    04-29-08 01:15 AM
    anyway i can get wifi on my 8130 with verzion?
    04-29-08 01:49 AM
    nope, wifi is only on models that are xx20. 8120, 8320, 8820,

To the OP, there is an icon for manage connections. Once you click that, scroll down to setup wifi, and it runs a wizard.
    04-29-08 02:19 AM
    ...I have router at home and want to connect to it to transfer some of my fils.

Thanks for any help.
    Once you get a Wifi connection, the only application that will use it is Browser.

Unfortunately, there are no provisions for file management. You will not be able to see or use the "Shares" on your computer.

The only way to transfer files is with the USB port or with paired Bluetooth devices.

I am gearing up to test Ad Hock networks with Wifi, unfortunately, my laptop backup battery is toast. Hopefully I can pick up a replacement soon and test the Ad Hock capabilities. I hope there is a file transfer.
    04-29-08 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD