I need a program to edit the details of a mp3. I want to change the song name/artist of particular songs to help organize them on my bb. I hate when the artist name also shows other artists in the song for example...Kanye West & T-Pain. It makes it aggravating when looking through a large amount of mp3s.

I would like to change the name to just Kanye West & add (feat T-Pain) to the end of the song title.

This is easily done in itunes but I'm the recent purchaser of a 16gb card, I'm looking to do away with itunes but I'm looking for a way to organize my mp3s before I put them on the card.

thanks in advance
    05-05-09 05:47 PM
    05-05-09 05:57 PM
    Also, Media Monkey (on your computer) works great for this.
    05-05-09 06:08 PM
    thanks...it worked just like I hoped it would.
    05-06-09 05:54 AM
    thanks...it worked just like I hoped it would.
    Which one did you use?

AG and MM: thanks for the suggestions. For the life of me, I cannot get mp3tag to work...
    05-06-09 03:51 PM
    Actually, mp3tag did work. Flipside isn't recognizing the changes; the built-in media player does.
    05-06-09 04:00 PM
    I got mp3 tag to work. Now I have another question. I changed the tags on a lot of files. All of them work except 1 album.

Its Hank Williams III - Damn Right, Rebel Proud. I changed the artist name to Hank Williams III, but it keeps showing up as Hank III on my bb.

MP3 tag worked great for all the other music but it won't change this one. any ideas? different programs?
    05-11-09 05:50 PM
    Some songs work great and there are a couple I have that just won't come across right...

The songs look fine on the PC and tag info seems correct... (I'm just using the windows tag editor) When I copy the songs down to my phone, the song titles under the album listing are incorrect (again this only on a couple of files, not all). What makes it even more odd is that if you select the song to play it, on next screen that displays the song data while it plays, the song title is correct again...

I've downloaded MP3Tag and am going to check that all of the tagging formats are consistent, but other than that I have no idea what's going on with these...

Don
    05-12-09 10:41 AM
    Are you changing both sets of tags? Or at least clearing out the one set and only using the second set?

AKA there is ID3 version 1.2 and ID3 version 2. Files can contain both.
    05-12-09 12:50 PM
    If anyone is looking for another choice. I like TagScanner. It edits tags, embeds album art, and has tons of features. There is also a portable version the runs directly from a Flash Drive or a BB's Media Card (On A Computer).
    Last edited by R-Rizzo; 05-12-09 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Cause I'm A Hee-Hard Who Cant Spell
    05-12-09 01:11 PM
    i tried making the folder.jpg and putting the pics in theres and i still am not getting my album art to show up.. any other ideas?
    01-08-10 11:23 AM
    The best suggestion is to embed the cover art in each mp3 file. Then you do not have to worry about separate files getting orphaned or excluding the folders from the picture app.

MP3 Tag Tool can do this along with many other programs.
    01-08-10 11:55 AM
    I just enable mass storage mode so when I plug my BB into my PC, I can access my card where my music is stored. Then I just go into the folder where the music files are, right click on the mp3 file and select properties. You can edit all the information right there without using a third party program.
    01-08-10 02:50 PM
    but you cant add the album covers that way.. and at leat that my issue
    01-08-10 02:52 PM
    That is true, I dont mess with album art, just the names.
    01-08-10 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD