Brief background and explanation:
    We have multiple phones within family and all our phones are unlocked. Thus, should we lose one device (as recently occurred..) we can simply switch over to a backup device and in the worst case, just pickup a new SIM card from operator (we have AT&T) and it's not a big loss.

Some months ago, one family member "lost" a Samsung SG4 and we locked the IMEI device code, picked up a new SIM for same number, inserted it into a Samsung SG3 and continued with calls and messages. Later that same day, the "lost" phone was found and we just swapped the SIM over to the SG4 after 1st having called AT&T and they released the security (which was there by our request due to lost/stolen).

Am now having a device switch from a BB Bold 9900 Unlocked to a BB Z30 Unlocked but the SIM card sizes are different. Thus, should I have a real lost/stolen event on the Z30, what would occur if I need to return to the 9900 ? It's SIM is not being removed due to the size difference.

My guess is that simply a phone call to AT&T would allow it to become "active" again should I lose the Z30 ?
    08-25-15 05:25 AM
    Just as you had done with the Note 4 to the 3 - a simple sim swap will work - there are adapters, actually, most sim replacement kits are now nano sized with adapters to micro and regular. Look for an adapter or, as some have had problems bending the pins, you can carefully situate a micro sim in a 9900 by just lining up the sim contacts with the pins in the sim slot of the device.
    It may take a boot or two just to line up and make contact, but it will work.
    hope you dont misplace any devices and have to do any of this, tho.
    08-25-15 06:50 AM