I am sooooo scared because i held out my upgrade 4 over a year just 2 get the new Blackberry Z10 since no new Blackberrys were released in 2012. I hope i don't get the wool pulled over my eyes when i walk into a T-Mobile store this coming Tuesday to get my Z10. It looks like everything is value plans and their old classic plans are all removed. Has anyone inquired what happens to current classic plan legacy customers?
    03-24-13 11:14 PM
    Nobody knows, including T-Mobile and I'm not kidding. Just wait until Tuesday, not much else we can do.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    03-24-13 11:19 PM
    I'd imagine if you wanted to keep your old plan, you could...but still have to pay for the device outright. Think of it this way, though, these new plans are so cheap you won't even miss the subsidy. I'm going to upgrade to the $70 unlimited plan. So with that plan plus a $20 monthly payment for the phone, that's the same as I was paying on Verizon for 500 minutes, unlimited text, and 2gb data (and you get charged $10 for each gig you go over).
    JR A likes this.
    03-24-13 11:26 PM
    Should be able to be grandfathered. I'm actually thinking about switching my Classic plan over to the new Value plans. I can go from four lines with first two unlimted talk/text and 2GB of data, and second two lines with 500 min unlim txt and 2 GB for $195, to five lines unlimited talk/txt/web for $210. Have to add a line for my youngest son. Four lines would be $180 so save $15 for no data caps or worry about running minutes over. With the Z10 coming data usage will likely become more of an issue. If I were to stay at 2GB of data per line it would only be $140 for four lines and $160 for five. They have the best family pricing for sure.
    pantlesspenguin and JR A like this.
    03-25-13 09:05 AM
    As others have stated, you should be grandfathered onto your old Classic Plan. T-Mobile has always grandfathered people on their plans as opposed to others, especially Verizon. In the end, the 20 months of $20 Equipment Installment Plan payments (total of $400) would balance out the $400 in savings by starting off with the Classic Plan Z10 cost. One thing that every blog seems to miss is that with the 2-year contract plans, you are eligible for the corporate discount program that T-Mobile has. That could mean a 15% savings off the monthly cost of your plan (the discounts range based on the company, school or armed forces branch you qualify under). I don't believe you'll be eligible under the new plans. Weigh out what's best for YOU since everyone is different. I hope this helps!
    03-25-13 09:30 AM
    I'm actually going to be paying MORE when I upgrade, but for unlimited LTE data?? WORTH IT!! I'm in the Kansas City suburbs so I should get LTE speeds shortly after I pick up my Z10.
    03-25-13 09:40 AM
    I just called a T-Mobile store in Manhattan, NY. And they said if you're due 4 an upgrade, you'll get automatically switched over 2 the value plan. If your not due 4 an upgrade, you'll get the phone at value plan price, monthly bill remains the same till ur 18 months in and elgible 2 port over 2 the value plan.
    03-25-13 11:32 AM