I use a Mac vs. a PC, and i've been reading that its impossible using the Pocketmac software to update the OS on your phone, remove languages etc using the Mac operating system.

If i was to go into my carrier's store location, would they be able to update my Blackberry's operating system in-store?
    02-08-09 05:03 PM
    I use a Mac vs. a PC, and i've been reading that its impossible using the Pocketmac software to update the OS on your phone, remove languages etc using the Mac operating system.

If i was to go into my carrier's store location, would they be able to update my Blackberry's operating system in-store?
    I'm sure you could borrow a friends PC real quick
    02-08-09 05:16 PM
    ^ Yeah, in the end that's probably what I'm going to have to do. I could use my dad's PC to update my BB OS once or twice a year. If you think about it, it shouldn't be that hard
    02-08-09 05:22 PM
    And that's what I'm going to have to do; it's not an inconvinenience, I wish they'd just make an application that is worthy for Mac users!

Thanks for the reply!
    02-08-09 06:11 PM
    I wish they'd just make an application that is worthy for Mac users!

Thanks for the reply!
    I dont know if I would go so far as to say Mac users arent worthy

claire
    02-08-09 06:48 PM
    I've been out of the loop for awhile, so I don't know the new specifics, but RIM has been working on an OTA OS update system. I am sure you can find some information on it if you look around the BlackBerry website.

BlackBerry Site
    02-08-09 07:59 PM
    Ya there's supposed to be something in the works but we shall see
    02-08-09 08:04 PM
    I suppose if you really wanted you could run a virtual machine or dual boot xp on your machine. It sucks I know but it workds.
    02-08-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD