When your phone is ringing (at least on the Pearl 8100), and you hit the red hangup button (ignore), what does it do? I know the call stops for me, but is the person on the other line immediately hung up on, or does it wait the normal length of time to ring and then goes to voicemail? Because if it immediately drops their call, they may be aware that I hit "ignore" on them. Just curious. Thanks.
    09-22-08 11:59 PM
    It sends the caller straight to your voicemail.
    09-23-08 12:00 AM
    Yup, the caller will know you hit ignore, as their call will automatically be forwarded to your voicemail when you press the end button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 12:07 AM
    they will know you hit it, cause it will ring then go to voicemail. but it does go straight to voicemail as soon as you hit it
    09-23-08 12:59 AM
    I have a mute button on the top of my Curve that I push instead of ignore so I can silence my phone without hurting the caller's feelings. Lol. I don't remember if my Pearl had one though...

09-23-08 07:13 AM
    Yes I use the mute button instead of the ignore button. I once used the ignore button on my BF and he was pissed lol.

Side question: does the ignore button work when you are already on a call and somebody beeps in?

09-23-08 08:35 AM
    Yes. It does eyez.

09-23-08 08:46 AM
    Not for Sprint BB's

It will continue to beep in your ear til voicemail picks it up.

Sprint needs to fix this.
    09-23-08 08:50 AM
    I noticed when I hit the ignore button while on a call it contiued to ring in my ear. I guess because I have Sprint.

09-23-08 09:02 AM
    Mute really is better. Most people notice when a call goes to voicemail sooner than usual. A girl I lived with last year use to get irate when her boyfriend would literally ignore her calls. We don't live together anymore and they don't date anymore. Point being it's just nicer to mute so that person doesn't know they are being ignored.
    09-23-08 09:41 AM
    Hey, sometimes I'm busy and don't have time answer dumb questions about our relationship and "what'ja doing?" "How was your day?" and "What are you thinking?"... that's the worst one.. If I wanted you to know what I was thinking I'd be talking!!!

;^>

Any way.. we don't date any more :-/
    09-23-08 10:33 AM
    Mute really is better. Most people notice when a call goes to voicemail sooner than usual. A girl I lived with last year use to get irate when her boyfriend would literally ignore her calls. We don't live together anymore and they don't date anymore. Point being it's just nicer to mute so that person doesn't know they are being ignored.
    Ouch. Sounds like bad times to me. I will never ignore anyone again. Well, I won't say never, but I will try not to.
    09-23-08 10:45 AM
    My ignore button works great! I do it all of the time, and when im done with my conversation I'll call them back.

Pretty sure it send them to VM, like everyone else has said.

The person calling you should know that you are on the phone because of the different dial done beep. And when you are trying to talk/listen, every beep in cuts up the conversation. So I don't see why they should be upset if you send them to your VM.

Unless you know its an urgent matter, I think its fine to use the ignore button..
    09-23-08 10:52 AM
    I look at it this way, if it was THAT important,they'll either 1.) leave a message or 2.) call back. If they do neither, it wasn't that important.
    09-23-08 11:27 AM
    I look at it this way, if it was THAT important,they'll either 1.) leave a message or 2.) call back. If they do neither, it wasn't that important.

YES, exactly.
    09-23-08 12:13 PM
    Thats why texts were created. Dont call and waste my minutes. Send me a text, or an email, or AIM me, or send me a Facebook message. Some say that they are too lazy to text and calling is easier. Well calling leads to a 1 minute conversation lasting 5-10. I'm too lazy to talk. Ignore away I say. Ignore away...unless its your better half. Pick that up.

Really though if I am having an important conversation I will ignore them and then send them a text. It is much less rude to type a message while listening to someone. You can talk to one person and type to another. You can't talk to both.
    09-23-08 04:45 PM
    Why would someone get mad for being sent to a voicemail? If the person you are calling is unavailable, what's so bad about sending them to your voicemail?

09-23-08 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD