Is the device password the password that will protect accessing my phone via wifi, hotspot, bluetooth? Like say if I was on the same wifi network with other phones for instance, which password is preventing connections to my phone from them in case of attackers?

I noticed blend is using the device password.

Also, "If you exceed the number of allowed password attempts, your device deletes all your device data for security reasons and you'll be prompted to set a new password"

Not sure exactly what that ^^ entails, if my GF picks up the phone and starts trying to guess my password, does that mean I'm gonna loose all my data?
    05-01-15 05:23 PM
    Is the device password the password that will protect accessing my phone via wifi, hotspot, bluetooth? Like say if I was on the same wifi network with other phones for instance, which password is preventing connections to my phone from them in case of attackers?
    The device password just protects from physical access.

Also, "If you exceed the number of allowed password attempts, your device deletes all your device data for security reasons and you'll be prompted to set a new password"

Not sure exactly what that ^^ entails, if my GF picks up the phone and starts trying to guess my password, does that mean I'm gonna loose all my data?
    You can set a new password after your device is security wipes after 10 incorrect password attempts.
    05-01-15 06:29 PM