Question is blackberry matched with Qualcomm. Cause right now in the stock market... Huawei is the number one phone. They are beating out Apple and Samsung. I just brought an unlock Huawei P10 from the factory direct. If you read the papers and follow the news you know what happened to Huawei and Trump. Then last spring Apple lost its lawsuit to Qualcomm and a few days ago in news Huawei and Qualcomm might be teaming up... Huawei is already working with Intel. How does Blackberry still stay in the game? Why should I get blackberry. I get how to crack them. But they seem like tey can't keep up
    09-28-20 09:44 PM
    Question is blackberry matched with Qualcomm. Cause right now in the stock market... Huawei is the number one phone. They are beating out Apple and Samsung. I just brought an unlock Huawei P10 from the factory direct. If you read the papers and follow the news you know what happened to Huawei and Trump. Then last spring Apple lost its lawsuit to Qualcomm and a few days ago in news Huawei and Qualcomm might be teaming up... Huawei is already working with Intel. How does Blackberry still stay in the game? Why should I get blackberry. I get how to crack them. But they seem like tey can't keep up
    There are no BlackBerry-branded devices that are for sale anymore, so the question is moot.

However, a small startup has announced they will launch a new phone with a BlackBerry logo on it some time next year.

It's not a matter of them beating others in the market, but a matter of them having one or more unique features that you would want to use.
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-29-20 07:59 AM
    BlackBerry got out of the smartphone business four years ago... they are done, other than letting others use their IP and name.

Why should you get a BlackBerry? You'd have to answer that.
    bakron1 and neoberry99 like this.
    09-29-20 08:06 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't need to beat Huawei, Apple does. And quite likely they will stay #2 in sales. It is what it is.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    09-29-20 07:52 PM
    In the global scheme of business, I don’t think it matters who beats who as long as your making money and are able to deliver new products on a timely basis.
    09-30-20 06:45 AM
    In the global scheme of business, I don’t think it matters who beats who as long as your making money and are able to deliver new products on a timely basis.
    That's what some don't understand.... at the end of the day, how much money do you have left over after paying all your bills and selling all your product.

Although I do think Apple has shifted their outlook on what's going to be important down the road. And that isn't so much the selling of hardware and making huge profit. But getting hardware into hands, and using it to offer services that they can charge for. Might account for the value pricing of the base iPhone 11 and the new iPhone 11 SE. I've hear many say that prices for the new iPhones with 5G will be higher.... but it will interesting to see if that is the case for the two base models (iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini).

BlackBerry was ahead of their time with BIS...
    09-30-20 01:57 PM
    That's what some don't understand.... at the end of the day, how much money do you have left over after paying all your bills and selling all your product.

Although I do think Apple has shifted their outlook on what's going to be important down the road. And that isn't so much the selling of hardware and making huge profit. But getting hardware into hands, and using it to offer services that they can charge for. Might account for the value pricing of the base iPhone 11 and the new iPhone 11 SE. I've hear many say that prices for the new iPhones with 5G will be higher.... but it will interesting to see if that is the case for the two base models (iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini).

Maybe OM is resurrecting the old BISness model just a 2020 version.... See what I did there?
    09-30-20 02:09 PM

It is going to be interesting to see what Apple does and services are going to be the next revenue stream for a lot of tech companies.

Yes BlackBerry was ahead of their time with BIS and it worked very well for what it was designed to do and made them money at the same time.
    09-30-20 02:09 PM