I once made a vibrating noise to make believe I just received a message and it worked, but usually just looking at my bb does the trick. Unless they start asking you about the bb.
    06-05-08 01:55 AM
    I will IM my best friend to call me, or text mesg my sister to call me OR if I have my ear piece on I play a song, politely point at my ear piece while waving my berry (bye bye) and walk away. Works like a charm.
    06-05-08 02:15 AM
    Maybe if its someone I don't know, I will avoid conversation. Like on an elevator, I will whip out the berry and start checking things. People don't bother me. At work I am just plain rude. My favorite thing to get people to leave me alone at work is "You're in my way and need to move!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 03:49 AM
    I just go to CrackBerry.com. LOL
    Works every time :-)

06-05-08 03:55 AM
    Yeah, you always get that one person who doesn't have a bb that always wants "to see it."

06-05-08 05:47 AM
    LOL @ some of yall. I just go read over old texts...and forcefully reply to people I hadn't intended on replying to lol
    06-05-08 06:11 AM
    Classic.... I hate when that happens... Umm... Both ways...

LOL
    yeah, it's the only way to get out of dates :[
    06-05-08 09:29 PM
    I wish that I worked with the type of people you guys do. They don't care what you're doing and want to talk anyway. You have to damn near get rude for them to leave you the heck alone. That's pitiful!!!!!

06-05-08 09:47 PM
    Kickinitlive247- I like your style. That's probably what I need to start doing. Drop me a line!!

06-05-08 09:54 PM
    shame shame on you guys trying to hide from people.
    06-05-08 10:05 PM
    yeah just pick it up out of the holster look busy
    06-05-08 10:10 PM
    Can't wait for my 8820 to come, then I can look official
    06-06-08 03:03 PM
    haha, some of the tactics you guys have shared are hilarious. but check mine out.

Talk about some antisocial peoples... Next time you question why society is falling apart, just think about some of these practices, lol.

Damn... I am born and raised between NJ and NY, and even I am not this antisocial.
    i don't think it has to do with being anti-social at all; it's just that some (if not most) people don't want to be social with everyone. everyone should be selectively social...that's the best approach. being the extreme of being a social butterfly can have its downsides; and being the other extreme of being anti-social can have its downsides...selective social moderation is BEST.

When I see someone comming and I don't wanna be bothered I just put the phone to my ear and start talking to myself. But I know one day the phone is gonna ring and I'm gonna look like such an *****. lmao.
    You could call your voicemail and pretend you're having a convo; but then hearing that automated prompt on the other end repeating the same menu of what you'd like to do next...gets annoying. So sometimes having a pretend conversation with nothing but silence on the other end is best. So check this out.

MissDarkSkinDiva, I use the same tactic you mentioned; HOWEVER, what I do to avoid the embarrasment of an incoming call coming through while I'm acting like I've been talking the whole time...is to put the phone on vibrate before I put the phone up to my ear.

You could put the phone on 'quiet' mode before you put the phone up to your ear pretending like you're having a convo...but then if a legit call really does come through during your 'acting session'...you just missed a call. So to avoid missing a call during your acting, and to avoid the embarrasment of the ringer sounding off...put it on VIBRATE and carry on that fake convo, haha.

And if that legit call is coming through, talk audibly loud so others around you can hear..and be like, 'hey i'll call you back, gotta take this call"...and proceed onto answering the REAL call...hahaha.
    Last edited by hydroblack; 06-06-08 at 03:45 PM.
    06-06-08 03:37 PM
    I once made a vibrating noise to make believe I just received a message and it worked
    Hahahaa... That's pretty funny man...
    06-06-08 03:50 PM
    I must be in the minority, but I go out of my way to make small talk because I know others hate it.
    I'm with you Kronk. Just to see the look on their faces. But I must admit, my BB does wonders for situations I'm not interested in.
    06-06-08 05:14 PM
    Be careful with that "Pull out my BB" strategy... It could also be quite the conversation starter

"Ohhh... I see you have a BlackBerry! I have one too, what kind of theme do you use?"

Or of course "WHAT'S YOUR BRICK-BREAKER SCORE?!"
    06-06-08 06:23 PM
    People.....
    06-08-08 04:52 PM
    I just go to Crackberry.com and read the forums
    06-08-08 08:24 PM
    I just take it out and start typing, and that usually does the trick!!
    06-08-08 08:30 PM
    I occasionally "pretend" to be talking on it which usually works well. However, the last time I did it started ringing! Very embarrasing but I got a good chuckle from it!

06-08-08 08:34 PM
    hahhaha...my way definately helps me get out of convos with annoying people...

i have cingular, so there's a code you can dial to check your minutes (the code is... *646#). dialing it sends you a text message with the info.

i definately put that number on speed dial...i can discreetly press the button, and my bb will play an extremely loud ringtone for the text message. i will either "answer it" or pretend to respond loll.

it works like a charm.
    06-08-08 08:51 PM
    I have my ear piece in so I just start talking lol
    06-09-08 10:01 AM
    hahhaha...my way definately helps me get out of convos with annoying people...

i have cingular, so there's a code you can dial to check your minutes (the code is... *646#). dialing it sends you a text message with the info.

i definately put that number on speed dial...i can discreetly press the button, and my bb will play an extremely loud ringtone for the text message. i will either "answer it" or pretend to respond loll.

it works like a charm.
    Wow that does work! Thanks
    06-09-08 08:19 PM
    LOL
    yeah, it's the only way to get out of dates :[
    This is what friends are for... Get one of them to call you at certain points during the date, once a few minutes after date starts, that way if the guy isn't what you were expecting you can get out of it. And once you're halfway through the date.
    06-09-08 10:04 PM
    i check out my facebook mobile and write on friend's walls.

Another way is just go to my address book and go crazy with the trackball pretending i'm looking for something important
    06-09-08 10:33 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD