Hi. Just curious. How do u guys type on the PKB keyboard. I tend to use the tips of my thumbs which means if I grow my nails longer, it can be tricky at times. I tried using my thumb pads but it was easier to do that on my Z10 than my Classic or Q10. Just wondering how the rest of u guys do it.

Posted via Classic
    11-01-15 06:05 PM
    Hi. Just curious. How do u guys type on the PKB keyboard. I tend to use the tips of my thumbs which means if I grow my nails longer, it can be tricky at times. I tried using my thumb pads but it was easier to do that on my Z10 than my Classic or Q10. Just wondering how the rest of u guys do it.

Posted via Classic
    Pads of my thumb.
    11-01-15 06:15 PM
    Great question! I used to do some weird thing using a combo of fingers and thumbs. The keyboard always seemed too small. That's why I like using my z10 in landscape. I always wondered what other people were doing that said that they typed so fast on the pkb's. I even preferred the sure type on the Pearl.
    11-01-15 06:18 PM
    Thumb pads, right thumb for the keys on the right side and left thumb for th keys on the left side easy.💨

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:26 PM
    Great question! I used to do some weird thing using a combo of fingers and thumbs. The keyboard always seemed too small. That's why I like using my z10 in landscape. I always wondered what other people were doing that said that they typed so fast on the pkb's. I even preferred the sure type on the Pearl.
    I type pretty fast with my tips. But was curious what the rest did. I have heard of using the pads. But that never seemed to work for me. So I am trying that out too. I have had PKB since the Curve 8320 but this is the first time I actually consciously paid attention to how I was typing. Probably because I had the Z10 too and was able to compare.

Posted via Classic
    11-01-15 06:28 PM
    Thumb pads, right thumb for the keys on the right side and left thumb for th keys on the left side easy.💨

Posted via CB10
    Will try. Need to slow down some and reteach my muscles.

Posted via Classic
    11-01-15 06:29 PM
    I don't really even think about it much but the tips I guess but it kind of depends which key I'm pressing. Sometimes I use both if I'm typing fast. I'm not the fastest typer on CB but I'm definitely the fastest typer that I know.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:37 PM
    I don't really even think about it much but the tips I guess but it kind of depends which key I'm pressing. Sometimes I use both if I'm typing fast. I'm not the fastest typer on CB but I'm definitely the fastest typer that I know.

Posted via CB10
    Do have longer nails?

Posted via Classic
    11-01-15 06:39 PM
    Do have longer nails?

Posted via Classic
    No I cut my fingernail once I notice they are getting a little out of hand (pun intended). LoL

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:59 PM
    No I cut my fingernail once I notice they are getting a little out of hand (pun intended). LoL

Posted via CB10
    Same here.

Posted via Classic
    11-01-15 07:11 PM
    Pads of my thumb.
    Wasn't sure till I replied to your post, but I do too.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 09:49 PM
    Wasn't sure till I replied to your post, but I do too.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.

Posted via Classic
    11-01-15 10:04 PM
    I tend to cut my nails to leave them a lil bit longer than the tips of my fingers. So yeah I type using my thumb nails on PKB. And pads for VKB.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    11-01-15 10:32 PM
    Generally I use the tip of my thumbnails. When I cut my nails the first day or 2 they're too short for that so on those days I use my thumb pads. Easy on my Q10...when I had my Curve it got tricky using the pads.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 12:31 AM
    Thumb pads but sort of the edges (right edge of left thumb and left edge of right thumb). Tips are necessary for the PRIV as the screen is close to the top row.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-02-15 06:23 AM
    I have club (short, wide) thumbs. So I can't use the pads well, even on a vkb. So on the 9000 and Q10 I used my thumb nails. That requires bending the thumbs quite a bit. I started to get pain in my thumbs, so I switched to a Z10, then Z30. But I really miss the speed and accuracy of the PKB. Maybe I will have to look at the Priv.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    11-02-15 10:08 AM
    Thank u all. I know it may have been an odd question but I tend to use my tips and it does hurt sometimes since I text a lot for work and personal life. So I wanted to see if what I was doing is normal. I am practicing using my pads now. So much better but slower whilst I get used to it.

Posted via Classic
    11-02-15 02:51 PM
    Finger nails / thumb nails works, and so does using the thumb pads.

Personal preference. The keys have an angled surface, so you can pretty much just hammer into them.... :-)

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    11-02-15 05:03 PM