I am not ready to move over my personal email from hotmail to google as I have had my account over 11 years, but I am in love with the google calendar and contacts.

I added my gmail account to my BB 9900 and my Google Calendar syncs just fine but it also syncs Gmail, how do I stop it from syncing the gmail but for it to keep syncing google calendar?

Thanks
    06-03-12 05:45 AM
    I do something similar. I have two Gmail accounts one for personal email, contacts and calendar. The other for shared contacts and calendar. So for the second account, I don't get email. Here is how I do it:

Setup the Gmail account in the usual way. While setting it up, add a Filter. Filter on 'New email'. Under Action select 'Do not forward messages to the device'. That will keep email from the account from entering the Message folder on your BB.

Open the Messages folder. Press the BB (menu) button. Select Options. Select Inbox Management and deselect the Gmail account. That removes the Gmail account folder from your main screen.
    06-03-12 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD