So, I had Telelnav installed on my phone. My annual subscription expired, so I called Telelnav to renew. They told me that I would just need to re-purchase the app to renew. Okay, fine.

So I delete Telelnav from my phone, restart my device, open App World and refresh my application list.

I search for Telelnav and its listed for $9.99. I choose purchase and it refreshed the application list and just installed the program again. It doesn't ask for my username and password to buy or anything. It just installs as if I already purchased it. So I go to open the Telelnav app and it says "Activation expired" and closes.

I've gone through this cycle over and over again, and Im not sure what to do.

Please Help! thanks!

Update: Here is my solution

I finally have it working again!

I emailed them my problems and they did something on their end to fix it.

I still have the same Telenav app that expired before.

So all you need to do is email the issue to support@telenav.com. Include the operating system you're using, phone number, and the version of Telenav you have.

It took a little over a week, but its finally working again!
    It also looks like they are no longer supporting the Blackberry app: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...tforms-751841/
    Last edited by shemaree09; 12-01-12 at 01:02 PM.
    10-12-12 10:33 AM
    Give Telenav a call & explain your issue. Maybe they can do something on there end.
    10-12-12 10:38 AM
    Does it show if you go to app world, my world and choose subscriptions from the drop down?
    10-12-12 10:39 AM
    Give Telenav a call & explain your issue. Maybe they can do something on there end.
    I might have to, but it seems like an issue with App World

Does it show if you go to app world, my world and choose subscriptions from the drop down?
    I checked, and I don't have any apps listed under Subscriptions.
    10-12-12 10:43 AM
    You can also email appworldbilling@rim.com
    shemaree09 likes this.
    10-12-12 10:45 AM
    Where is it charging it to? Is your paypal or other being charged??
    10-12-12 12:36 PM
    Where is it charging it to? Is your paypal or other being charged??
    Its not charging my account at all. It just keeps reinstalling the expired app I purchased before. It doesn't even ask for my Blackberry ID and password after I choose purchase.
    10-12-12 04:17 PM
    Hmm. Is Telenav app still working correctly?? Maybe if you just re-register within the app with the pin ID (I also have it) it should continue. I thought it was one time purchase for VZ customers.
    10-12-12 04:30 PM
    Hmm. Is Telenav app still working correctly?? Maybe if you just re-register within the app with the pin ID (I also have it) it should continue. I thought it was one time purchase for VZ customers.
    That's what I initially thought, but when I open the app it says "Activation Expired" and immediately closes.
    10-12-12 04:33 PM
    I've got the exact same problem. Telenav expired, there is no way to renew. I called Telenav also and was also given the uninstall reinstall routine. No change. So I called Telenav back and got transferred over to an escalated tech, no help. He offered to delete my account, then all my favorites would be wiped. No thanks. He further escalated the issue for a solution. That was Friday. We'll see if I hear back from them. The crappy thing about this is there is no warning, I was traveling on business using Telenav. One day it worked, the next it was expired and I was screwed.
    10-14-12 08:23 PM
    I've got the exact same problem. Telenav expired, there is no way to renew. I called Telenav also and was also given the uninstall reinstall routine. No change. So I called Telenav back and got transferred over to an escalated tech, no help. He offered to delete my account, then all my favorites would be wiped. No thanks. He further escalated the issue for a solution. That was Friday. We'll see if I hear back from them. The crappy thing about this is there is no warning, I was traveling on business using Telenav. One day it worked, the next it was expired and I was screwed.
    It sucks! I didn't even know it expired until I needed it! I contacted them via email and have yet to hear a response.

it makes no sense that you cant renew from the app. It just closes.

There are people who WANT to give Telenav money for their app and its like they won't take it, and don't care. Its so frustrating because its the only good voice guided GPS for blackberry.

*Sigh* I hope this works out soon. I use Telenav often.
    10-14-12 08:34 PM
    Same problem here! How frustrating it is to suddenly, while on the road, find out that this app/account is not valid anymore. I called Telenav and they me delete, re-install etc. the app with no resolution. They did however follow through and cc me as well with an email to RIM inquiring about a solution to this. I will post any further developments I might learn. PS While on the trip I ended up using my son's new iphone map app, which helped. RIM, are you really listening?
    10-15-12 03:09 PM
    Same problem here! How frustrating it is to suddenly, while on the road, find out that this app/account is not valid anymore. I called Telenav and they me delete, re-install etc. the app with no resolution. They did however follow through and cc me as well with an email to RIM inquiring about a solution to this. I will post any further developments I might learn. PS While on the trip I ended up using my son's new iphone map app, which helped. RIM, are you really listening?
    10-15-12 03:10 PM
    I'm traveling again tomorrow so I had to sign up again for VZNav and copy over my favorites. No word from Telenav. There'll probably be lots more complaints as I think this is just the early adopters from the $9.99/yr offer posting so far.
    10-15-12 03:16 PM
    Same here. No email warning, just "expired". They kept telling me to choose Renew from AppWorld. They dont know what Im talking about. The guy I talked to just wanted to get off the call so he said call me back on another phone and we'll fix it. I was on the road, so he wins. No support.
    UPDATE
    I called back on another phone. Now they say its an AppWorld problem. AppWorld has not agreed to renew subscriptions at this time, there is no other way to subscribe. They will email me when they get it sorted. There must be a way to purge the deleted apps list so you could start a new subscription. What are the more likely alternative apps?
    UPDATE
    They fixed it! You have to call them. They know what to do.
    Last edited by npunk42; 10-18-12 at 12:06 AM. Reason: New Info
    shemaree09 likes this.
    10-17-12 04:19 PM
    I finally have it working again!

I emailed them my problems and they did something on their end to fix it.

I still have the same Telenav app that expired before.

So all you need to do is email the issue to support@telenav.com. Include the operating system you're using, phone number, and the version of Telenav you have.

It took a little over a week, but its finally working again!
    diffused likes this.
    10-17-12 07:19 PM
    Telenav called me yesterday to inform me they made some changes to my account and that the app should launch normally now. They gave me another year, no charge. They also included the information that they do not guarantee that they'll continue to support the app in the future. No big deal there, I should be on BB10 by the time this expires again.
    10-19-12 12:11 PM
    Telenav called me yesterday to inform me they made some changes to my account and that the app should launch normally now. They gave me another year, no charge. They also included the information that they do not guarantee that they'll continue to support the app in the future. No big deal there, I should be on BB10 by the time this expires again.
    same here. I thought it was really nice for them to extend my subscription for another for free. I was willing to pay $10. They have great customer service.

But i really hope they stay around for BB10. Telelnav is a great app. I would love to continue using it into BB10.
    10-19-12 12:28 PM
    Use the free version. They're always asking to upgrade. When asked, upgrade and see what happens....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-19-12 05:43 PM
    Use the free version. They're always asking to upgrade. When asked, upgrade and see what happens....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    There is no free version. Its $9.99/yr
    10-19-12 07:13 PM
    Same issue. Just expired last night. Emailed telenav and hoping for resolution. Not too many things work as well as this app did. It's a darn shame that RIM continues to lose developers even at this stage. Hoping and praying the BB10 navigation system is rock solid.
    12-01-12 09:38 AM
    After emailing Telenav, they extended my subscription for another year, but they also said they were no longer supporting the Blackberry app. Check out my thread about it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...tforms-751841/
    12-01-12 12:54 PM