Good Morning fellow Crackberries!

Now that the New Year is upon us.....please tell how you plan on using your Blackberry? Is it new, or do you have some new plan with your existing device?

Ken
    01-04-10 07:56 AM
    Got a 9700 last month. I hope to use it to better organize my day to day activities. I use the calendar quite often but feel I am not using it to its full potential. While on the topic, does anybody know of the best calendar syncing tool? Meaning I would like to use a calendar on my computer and have it instantly sycned with my phone calendar. Would my gmail calendar be the best way to go? Or i-cal? or something else?

Also, I plan on downloading many apps, as I dont use very many but am sure that there are plenty of useful ones out there.

I have also been using memo pad much more lately. Good to take notes with.
    01-04-10 08:00 AM
    I personally use Outllook 2007, but I have used Google Calendar. In my experience, the google sync works well with the calendar part, but not so much with the contacts.
    With Outlook I am able to sync all of my organizer data pretty easily, then I use the google sync for the PC to send my outlook data to my google calendar.
    01-04-10 08:21 AM
    Awesome, thanks : ) Ill try using google as I am on a mac and don't think outlook is an option.
    01-04-10 09:43 AM
    Probably same as I did last year !
    But for example ....email,SmS,BBM, ck weather app,and some sufing on the net but that depends on where I am at ,,or if BB is the only way to be surfing the net, and to test out my "police detection app" .
    01-04-10 01:27 PM
    I will continue to use it as my personal assistant and entertainment device.
    01-04-10 01:37 PM
    ill continue to use it the same way I have been using it
    01-04-10 02:01 PM
    I have one left and I plan on selling it.
    01-04-10 02:36 PM
    Well when I get mine in spring I plan on using it for college first and foremost to keep track of assignments, emails, and meetings. Then of course everything else comes afterward such as social networking, browsing, etc.
    01-04-10 02:38 PM
    Same as before
    01-04-10 02:38 PM
    I'm going into my second month of owning my Bold 2. I am new to BBs and still am discovering what all this phone can do (it does a lot so far). Since I have a medical pre-existing condition and have to constantly see doctors, I plan on using it for keeping contacts and appointments.

The internet is good to use, because I am supposed to count carbohydrates at mealtimes. It is great to have the BB if I go to a restaurant or fast food place and want to eat without guessing. Also, I can go to medical websites for information is needed.

I will also use it to keep up on sports! It will be a better year for me.
    01-04-10 06:06 PM
    Not an owner yet, but I love the idea of emails, social apps, and other goodies only being a touch away. Being a pedestrian, the fact that I can fire up my Pandora account on long commutes is excellent. But I'll mainly be using it to better keep in touch with friends and family as well as conduct "business" that I otherwise wouldn't be able to do without a computer while I'm on the go.

Now, if RIM would go ahead and just drop the phone I want already... :3
    01-04-10 06:38 PM
    I just got my Bold 9700 today! Never had a BlackBerry before. But after setting up everything and playing around with it I found out that I can now talk to my brother in Germany for free (BBM)! So I will use my BB to stay in closer contact with my family and to promote BB ownership among all my family and friends!
    Have a nice day :-)
    01-04-10 06:56 PM
    Same as last year with more of it all. The phone is replacing a laptop and a PDA with increasing success. Still trying out new and different uses over time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 06:58 PM
    Well when I get mine in spring I plan on using it for college first and foremost to keep track of assignments, emails, and meetings. Then of course everything else comes afterward such as social networking, browsing, etc.
    Is there some sort of awesome student app that I dont know about, or will you be doing assignment stuff with the calendar?
    01-04-10 09:05 PM
    I think I'm the only person on this website still using the "old school" Curve. BUT! I haven't found a reason to upgrade yet and I'm cheap...

But my Curve suits me well. I use it a lot for social networking, txting, definately e-mail (7 accts), keeping track of my bank acct and I would die without the password keeper.

For the NEW YEAR I plan to start utilizing the tasks/memo pad more especially for grocery lists and lists of things I want to google later on. I also need to use the calendar more to keep track of appts and times. I find that I have started using my camera more too for spur of the moment pics and I intend to continue doing so in the new year to embarass, humiliate and ridicule my peers. Also, I would like to continue putting info in my password keeper to the point that I'm not 90 but 100% dependant on it. Haha.

01-05-10 02:20 AM
    The same way I did last year.

Easier is what I wont be doing:

1) BrickBreaker - after one day it got mind-numbingly boring. It is now the very first
    thing on my delete list when installing an OS.

2) Texting - I despise texting. I have it for two people and they both know
    to only use it as a last resort
    01-05-10 02:59 AM
    my life revolves around the BB from e-mails,text messages,BBM,organizer and i do listen to internet radio. this would be my usage in the New year as well.
    01-05-10 05:49 AM
    I plan to use my BlackBerry just for productivity purposes. I know that sounds boring, but o have to stop wasting so mich time playing around with my BlackBerry instead of using for what it is intended to do. I just got my Bold 9700 today. It was a late Christmas present to myself. So far it is pretty sweet and it has all the productivity tools I need. It will be a good year. No more Iphone distractions.

01-05-10 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD