I hold my BB in my right hand cradled to sit atop my pinky. None of my bars are affected that way, well, admittedly, none of my bars are affected regardless of how I hold my BB Curve.
    06-25-10 05:03 PM
    No matter how I hold the phone my reception is unaffected.

Took out the last part of your post. Let's not do this again.
    06-25-10 05:07 PM
    This is going to be bad... here we go again
    Last edited by avt123; 06-25-10 at 05:17 PM.
    06-25-10 05:12 PM
    RIM has had their share of issues too. I love my BB but we need to keep this in perspective here.
    06-25-10 05:14 PM
    One more time, this is a BB discussion. The very second it drifts into slagging ANY
    other platform, it dies.
    06-25-10 05:16 PM
    I changed my post AG.... looked weird the way (I'm guessing you) a Mod edited it.
    06-25-10 05:18 PM
    No matter how I hold the phone my reception is unaffected.

Took out the last part of your post. Let's not do this again.
    Your sensitivity to all concerned is amazinglytasteful. Thanks for the assist in making this a value-added meaningful post! Much appreciated!!!
    06-25-10 06:32 PM
    I actually did some experimentation on signal strength when I first got my 8900 almost a year ago. Here's a quick rundown of what I found. What I did was simply place my hand on it and watch the signal strength (dBm directly, not the bars).

For the most part there was no change or a drop of approximately 5dBm anywhere I put my hand.

However...

When I cupped my hand over the top of the phone the signal strength INCREASED by 5 dBm. That was a shocker. To this day I can reproduce this effect. I have no idea why but it's just an oddity I noted.
    06-25-10 07:35 PM
    I believe the antenna on the 8900 runs along the top right section of the phone, running up the side of the screen. I don't know what my point is though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 07:47 PM
    No matter how I hold My phone I've never had any effects

06-25-10 07:50 PM
    I would guess where the antenna is located on the phone and who your carrier is and where the nearest tower is located will affect the reception. It doesn't matter how I hold my phone I get the same reception.
    06-25-10 09:16 PM
    I haven't noticed a change in signal no matter how I hold my 9700...but just for the sake of the post I either hold it: in both hands resting on both pinkies, ring/mid finger behind it with other 2 @ the lock and mute buttons and thumbs on keys...OR in one hand atop the pinky, thumb on keys, all other fingers in the back
    06-26-10 12:01 AM
    A Blackberry isn't an iPhone. You can hold it whichever way you please and it will not drop your calls.
    06-26-10 01:48 AM
    Even if you try all the different ways of holding tour BB and the signal strength still doesn't improve, just buy a antenna chip for $20. Its shaped as a chip but its like having a 4 feet antenna on tour phone. It really helps. That's what it says on the packaging. Try it, it might work.

06-26-10 05:08 AM
    Even if you try all the different ways of holding tour BB and the signal strength still doesn't improve, just buy a antenna chip for $20. Its shaped as a chip but its like having a 4 feet antenna on tour phone. It really helps. That's what it says on the packaging. Try it, it might work.

A gimmick and waste of money.
    06-26-10 05:59 AM
    A gimmick and waste of money.
    The word you are looking for is "scam".
    06-26-10 06:10 AM
    I either hold it in a way that I can touch the far corner of the screen in one hand, in bb prayer mode, or with a slight cup when I'm watching movies to bounce the sound from the back speaker to me.
    06-26-10 10:33 AM
    I guess this OP is considered to have a better sense of humor than I have since they haven"t closed this thread.

Seems the iPhone4 issue may impact transmission too.

My point with the other thread was all in fun. I actually own several Apple products. I just don't by Apple phones because I prefer VZW over AT&T and I can't type well on the iPhone. I actually own an iPod Touch so I learned this from experience.

I was really only jesting and was going to add that all phones have issues. Not just BlackBerrys before the thread was closed for some reason. Still a bit unclear as to why since nothing ugly was said.

Lighten up people. Ever heard of sarcasm?
    06-26-10 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD