So im just curious how people buy there bb's. I always order from the att website because its always cheaper then buying it in the store. What about you guys?
    01-03-09 08:21 AM
    I purchased mine through my employer using the Premier Business option.
    01-03-09 08:25 AM
    i've heard alot of companies give you a bb
    but not the internet [bis or bes] which i think is pointless. Does yours have internet?
    01-03-09 08:29 AM
    bought mine at the Alltel store so I could talk to a real person and ask questions
    01-03-09 08:32 AM
    Even though I purchased through the Business Premier site, the phone is primarily for personal use (BIS), and yes, it has Internet.
    01-03-09 08:37 AM
    Walk into a store and hand over a wad of cash is my SOP.
    01-03-09 08:39 AM
    Walk into a store and hand over a wad of cash is my SOP.
    Mine too. My first was with Suncom, and current with AT&T.
    01-03-09 08:40 AM
    Bought mine at PCWorld (mainstream/high-street IT reseller) due to a pricing error in their catalogue. With the BIS add-on and voice plan, works out cheaper than buying it on contract.
    01-03-09 08:42 AM
    Gonna be paying straight cash for the 8900 when it comes out! Not eligible to upgrade, so I'm looking at around $450 or somewhere around there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 08:52 AM
    Went to an alltel store for all of my blackberry devices

01-03-09 08:52 AM
    i've heard alot of companies give you a bb
    but not the internet [bis or bes] which i think is pointless. Does yours have internet?
    I'm on BES with a very open IT policy so I have unlimited data and internet, BIS capability (3 BIS accts), and am able to install OTA apps. But yes, the BES Administrator can lock down, enable, disable, or configure every aspect of your device, or even wipe it remotely, and can monitor every aspect of your device's activities including call log, text messages, BES/BIS email, BBM, web sites visited, and installed apps.

I have no basis for knowing what "a lot" of other companies do. I only know I'm very happy with my Curve and my company.

01-03-09 09:08 AM
    Get mine free with a contract, mostly order online as the tariffs are better online here (uk)

01-03-09 09:20 AM
    I'm on BES with a very open IT policy so I have unlimited data and internet, BIS capability (3 BIS accts), and am able to install OTA apps. But yes, the BES Administrator can lock down, enable, disable, or configure every aspect of your device, or even wipe it remotely, and can monitor every aspect of your device's activities including call log, text messages, BES/BIS email, BBM, web sites visited, and installed apps.

I have no basis for knowing what "a lot" of other companies do. I only know I'm very happy with my Curve and my company.

Very true. I have several friends where their devices are similar (either 8800s or Curves), yet their IT policies are totally different from one another.

Back on topic, I go back to my dealer(s) for phones. I prefer having a product in my hand when I walk out of a store after shelling out that kind of money. Plus, if you run into a problem, a brick-and-mortar dealer tends to be able to do more for an individual than calling into a callsite and being just another caller in the queue.
    01-03-09 09:23 AM

wow, i really didnt know the administrator could control everything!
    sucks for people with strict it managers i guess lol
    01-03-09 09:24 AM
    i bought mine @ best buy...
    01-03-09 09:25 AM
    i bought mine @ best buy...
    i've had bad expieriences with redeeming warranties at best buy.
    01-03-09 09:41 AM
    I have a friend that works at our local mobile company. She gives me the phones I want at corporate price (cheaper and heavily discounted) without contracts or anything. The best thing about it is that all the phones I get from her are unlocked!

01-03-09 09:42 AM
    Got mine through Verizon Wireless.
    01-03-09 09:43 AM
    Got mine for $100.00.

How:
    $250.00 Reg price
    - $50.00 Rebate
    - $100.00 verizon new every 2 yr plan
    = $100.00
    01-03-09 09:44 AM
    thats awesome..
    01-03-09 09:55 AM
    Usually over the phone... I get the best deals. 60% off normally.

This time, for the bold, it was the store... final price = $20.
    01-03-09 09:56 AM
    Through premier site, as I get a 20% discount on the monthly voice and data plan from my company. I use it as a personal phone.
    Last edited by dknyberry; 01-03-09 at 10:17 AM.
    01-03-09 10:04 AM
    Everyone seems to be getting descent deals. Err! I either wait my "two years" or pay full price for a phone. I could never wait so I break my piggy bank.
    My Curve was full retail.

01-03-09 11:14 AM
    Bought my bold in a vodafone uk store as they had a better deal than the website.

01-03-09 12:34 PM
    Usually over the phone... I get the best deals. 60% off normally.

This time, for the bold, it was the store... final price = $20.
    Whoa! $20!?

Thats definitely more than 60% off!

Thats an amazing price!
    01-03-09 12:40 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD