I know this question is probably dumb to ask, but I see how people have Storm 2's already (from pictures on the internet), and I even now just saw that there is a 5.0 leak for the Storm 2 on the main page.

I can understand having one if your a part of the team that makes the phones, but I don't know how other people get them?

Application developers?
    Phone Testers?

How do they get it and is there any possible chance that average Joe's like me could get a hold of these phones for any of these purposes?

All information is appreciated! Thanks!
    10-14-09 03:22 PM
    Average Joe I doubt. most people are official testers that work for or are affiliated with RIM in some way.
    10-14-09 03:23 PM
    no average joe OR jane gets a pre-release. Maybe one of those dummy ones lol
    10-14-09 03:32 PM
    if you have to ask, chances are you dont have the connections to get your hands on one
    10-14-09 08:45 PM
    lots of money.
    10-14-09 09:24 PM
    There are Multiple ways to get a pre release phone.

RIM has a invitation only Tester Program, these people can be Major purchasers for businesses, Movie studio's or heavy traffic users,
    RIM Employee's such as Engineers and OS development would have access to Pre Release phones.

As a regular Joe so to speak you can usually find a prerelease on ebay, but you'll pay a heafty amount for a potential brick.

If you have to ask, you are not going to be in a position to get a Pre Release I suspect.
    10-14-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD