I know silly question but new to verizon blackberrys and I'm trying to get rid of that target icon, and I belive that means gps is on.
    08-14-09 02:21 PM
    Options>Advanced Options>GPS>GPS Services>change to E911 only. Now that will not get rid of the bulleyes, but you can rest easier.
    08-14-09 02:25 PM
    Options>Advanced Options>GPS>GPS Services>change to E911 only. Now that will not get rid of the bulleyes, but you can rest easier.
    Ok, how do you get rid of the bullseye then?
    08-14-09 02:26 PM
    That aspect I don't have a clue if you can or can't. I would suggest using a theme that you downloaded to see if this works. I won't use a theme that comes with the phone. I know it doesn't go away with a different background picture. My only two suggestions is wait to see if someone else on CB can answer for you or write to RIM and see what they tell. Sorry couldn't be of more help.
    08-14-09 02:29 PM
    i dont think you can remove the target... why do you want to? if you dont see the resonating lines that means the GPS is off and isnt using any memory or battery.
    08-14-09 07:14 PM
    i dont think you can remove the target... why do you want to? if you dont see the resonating lines that means the GPS is off and isnt using any memory or battery.
    Its been my experience that when someone ask this question, they are looking to ensure there is no evidence of their activity.
    08-14-09 09:06 PM
    Why don't people look at options. That's the first thing I look at when I get something new

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 09:15 PM
    Why don't people look at options. That's the first thing I look at when I get something new

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    He did. Ignorant fool read the thread!

You cannot turn off E911 it is impossible. Even if you get rid of the target via the theme it is still going to be on no matter what. E911 is for your protection. Say you are in an accident and are stuck but can still reach your phone and dial 911 this allows 911 to find you even if you are disoriented and don't know where you are.

If you are doing something suspicious and you don't want them to find you all they need is a subpoena and they will the your cell towers to find where you are and where you've been.
    08-14-09 09:31 PM
    You can turn GPS off...but the bullseye stays there....

However..exactly! WHY would you want to turn the GPS off!
    Its for emergency purposes!
    08-15-09 01:30 AM
    I put it in an anti-static bag and no gps..
    08-15-09 02:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD