My wife just got an iPhone and we used to use BBM ALL the time but now without it, we are wondering what is the next best thing?
    Suggestions? What do you use?
    Texting is OK but it isn't threaded on my 8350i
    11-12-09 10:09 PM
    Use an IM application or download a 5.0 beta (if there is one for your device) for threaded SMS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 10:12 PM
    Use AIM.

11-12-09 10:12 PM
    My preferred method: I call the person. You do know these are just phones don't you?
    11-12-09 10:14 PM
    i used to use google chat.
    11-12-09 10:16 PM
    We have tried to use AIM but the "push" on the iphone seems to be slow sometimes and that gets annoying. Does google chat have a more responsive/faster "push"?
    11-12-09 10:19 PM
    I don't.
    11-12-09 10:21 PM
    i used to use google chat.
    Just did a quick google search on google chat and it doesn't look like what I need. On the iphone side it is browser based. So you have to have Safari open to send/receive messages. That is lame
    11-12-09 10:24 PM
    I don't.
    Hahah someone beat me to it

11-12-09 10:26 PM
    Hahah someone beat me to it

OK folks she is my wife. One thing I learned after 9 years of marriage "Happy wife, Happy Life!!"
    11-12-09 10:27 PM
    Try yahoo msnger its pretty quick. And you can see who is typing wich is a cool feature I dnt know all wht the Iphone has for aps

11-13-09 12:57 AM
    My wife just got an iPhone and we used to use BBM ALL the time but now without it, we are wondering what is the next best thing?
    Suggestions? What do you use?
    Texting is OK but it isn't threaded on my 8350i
    You could both roll towards the center of the bed and say (with your mouths) "hi honey."
    11-13-09 01:00 AM
    Yes YM chat is pretty quick, I use it all the time!

11-13-09 01:06 AM
    I use aim, call, or sms
    11-13-09 02:18 AM
    Um, email. I don't have a text plan and I don't do any IMing.
    11-13-09 04:14 AM
    I'd say that email would be your best bet seeing as nothing else has that push other than sms (well as far as I know since the last time I had an iPhone it didn't run anything in the background).

11-13-09 04:23 AM
    uh i dont talk to peps with itoys they are the enemy lol J/K i still use sms as have a unlimited text plan
    11-13-09 05:27 AM
    How about use the right forum Maybe the fanbois in the "Iphone" forum could help.
    11-13-09 06:22 AM
    I can sort of relate. My wife and I chat all the time between our BBs using BBM. I'm self employed and work quite a bit. She works at a hospital and can't be on the phone "talking", although she can pull out her BB and message me between patients (she calls up for the next patient and sometimes has to wait 20 minutes for them to arrive). There are times when a phone call just isn't proper, but we can still communicate.

As far as communication between iPhone and BB, I think the best way is to initiate the conversation via e-mail or SMS. That way, she'll get the message pretty quickly. She can't have IM apps running in the background, but once she knows you want to chat, she can open up an IM app. It's pretty easy to have an IM app running in the background on your BB, so you could have one of the native apps logged in, or use IM+ in background mode. If you don't want to have the app open in the background, then she could SMS you to intiate the conversation.
    11-13-09 07:57 AM
    My preferred method: I call the person. You do know these are just phones don't you?
    You beat me to it AG.

It's a phone, just call them. When you can't call, send a text or email. Sure it's not threaded but is that really that important to you?

Or you should both sign up for a messenger service supported on both devices.
    11-13-09 08:01 AM
    Beejive is the best IM app and I believe has email alerts for incoming chats. That or email would work.
    11-13-09 08:08 AM
    OK folks she is my wife. One thing I learned after 9 years of marriage "Happy wife, Happy Life!!"
    Lol, that is soo funny, good thing i am single. My coworker used to email his wife until i showed him BBM. I am guessing some sort of IM client like google talk or AIM will have to do but i am sure having this running in the background will kill the battery.
    11-13-09 08:15 AM
    I usually SMS them, sometimes I send the 3 people I know with iPhones an e-mail, but it takes them forever to respond... they must have it set to refresh their e-mail accounts every hour or something... I'm not sure, I get my e-mails instantly
    My one buddy can't type on the stupid thing to save his life, always has misspelled words in his texts, it's really annoying, I give him **** for it all the time.
    11-13-09 08:24 AM
    I would say send a text or eMail. That's what my older sister and her husband do lol.

11-13-09 09:19 AM
    I just text them...not that big of a deal.
    11-13-09 09:21 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD