Ok here�s my problem. I have some corruption that won�t let me blackberry DM run the device backup. No problem. I have a recent backup. Here�s my problem. I want to first backup the last two weeks of messages (email, sms, mms, all messages). I do not have an Outlook folder currently syncing with my blackberry messages. They are only on the device.

So without using DM backup how do you manually make a backup of the devices messages, or how do you manually copy the devices messages to a PC? Anyone know how to resolve this issue?
    05-08-09 01:23 PM
    Email?

I never messed with google sync so you could try that. I don't know its functions but its worth a shot to look it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 01:27 PM
    The problem is that my messages were deleted from the server. My only copy of these messages is on the device and I need to back them up. Any way to do this?
    05-08-09 01:34 PM
    Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling DM? Or is the issue ON the BB itself that won't let the backup occur? Have you tried fixing that issue?

05-08-09 01:36 PM
    05-08-09 01:38 PM
    Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling DM? Or is the issue ON the BB itself that won't let the backup occur? Have you tried fixing that issue?

So the backup gets all the way to Browser Messages then fails.
    The error is "The data was not recognized by the device".

What are where are browser messages? Can I delete them from the device?
    05-08-09 03:51 PM
    The problem is that my messages were deleted from the server. My only copy of these messages is on the device and I need to back them up. Any way to do this?
    Forward them to an account that will save them. Once they are secure, you can deal with the hardware failure.

BlackBerry is built on email, use the strength.
    05-08-09 03:52 PM
    Ok Im multitasking here. I found how to view "browser messages" which are apparantly just saved web pages. I had a sucessful backup on 05/02/09 and only 1 addition to my browser messages since then on 05/04/09. So I deleted it.

Ironically it was "Blackberry Tips and Tricks". So theoretically this should be it. Im trying a backup right now. Hope it works and this is a great support community. I do my part here trying to help others here, and its great to post a problem and have people just jump on it. Thanks for the support when I need it. I do appreciate it!

I'll post back the result.
    05-08-09 04:01 PM
    Nope. Failed again at the same spot. Deleting all browser messages and retrying backup...
    05-08-09 04:11 PM
    Delete all logs and clear all browser cache on your Blackberry, and then try again. I had the same problem and doing this fixed it.

05-08-09 05:05 PM
    If you're running DM 4.7 you should definitely downgrade to 4.6
    05-08-09 05:09 PM
    I would follow Reeds advice to be sure you have a copy of them first. Then clear you event log by holding the alt key and type lglg. Clear log. As Mr Schpiffey suggested go to browser/optons/cache operations and clear that. Do a battery pull then try it again.
    05-08-09 05:13 PM
    Delete all logs and clear all browser cache on your Blackberry, and then try again. I had the same problem and doing this fixed it.

Ok-its solved. Its backed up. THANKS TO ALL THAT CONTRIBUTED TO SOLVING THIS. I APPRECIATE IT.

So I deleted all browser messages, and at the same time, cleared the browser cache temp files and pushed content and history but not cookies (a partial from the above suggestion-thks!) and IT WORKED. NEW BACKUP NOW DATED 05/08/09. THATS TODAY!

I did not delete any call logs. I do have Aerize loader loaded AND bluetooth disabled. I wasnt sure if it was Aerize or a corrupt database, as my problems started happening shortly after installing Aerize loader but not the case (V 1.2.1 awesome-check it out).

But I also installed Berryblow EveryHour recently which I found to be a memory hole and uninstalled it. It was crashing and rebooting my device. So it could have been that program that corrupted my data. Who knows but glad to have an awesome support community and get to the bottom of it and have it backed up before days end. FYI it synced just fine (BT or USB), but just wouldnt back up.

Aerize can cause backup problems so this was a real who-done-it. Thanks again all.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f103/ba...install-79706/
    05-08-09 07:06 PM
    05-11-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD