Here's the problem folks..my new email address is "[email protected]@gmail.com"(yes, thats really it). I can't add it on my BB (9900). It keeps saying "the the address is invalid". Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by BBNMDG; 08-31-11 at 02:51 PM. Reason: missed some verbage
    08-31-11 02:48 PM
    add it as a gmail acct..everything before @gmail will be your acct name
    08-31-11 02:51 PM
    I tried to do it thru the email setup and entered my email address ([email protected])with the @gmail.com after and it still says "you must enter a valid email address"
    08-31-11 02:59 PM
    08-31-11 03:06 PM
    This address is not ok like this, and even if you fool BB, you will sure have constant problems with destinations servers and/or spam filters. Better move your hosting somewhere where they compalin standards not chaos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 03:24 PM
    Wow - deja-vu. Last time I saw an email address like that was 1988 on JANET. That is how relays used to work back in the distant pre-Internet past. We used to bounce emails around the UK University networks like that, seeing how long it took to go via Edinburgh, Warwick, Exeter, Sussex.

Now in the 21st Century you will hit constant trouble. RFCs define what an email address look like and most people code their applications to fit those rules. And for a good reason - them's the rules.

There must be some other way of quoting that email address. We all know that Google loves to ignore the rules and make things up as they go along, but they should know what an email address looks like by now
    08-31-11 03:49 PM
    I figured it out. Thanks a bunch!
    08-31-11 03:53 PM
    Your address is not compliant. It sounds real slick but you WILL have problems using a non-standard email address. What you can do is to forward all emails from your current gmail account to a NEW gmail account that you create and use for your BB.
    08-31-11 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD