Hey Everyone,

This is probably a dumb question but I can't find the answer

How do I view a SMS message that I sent? I sent one to a friend a while ago, then didn't hear back. Then started wondering if I actually sent to her, or just meant to. My early onset Alzheimer's aside, how do I view these?
    06-30-08 01:32 PM
    messages>options>view folder>sms outbox
    06-30-08 01:34 PM
    just change to your sent items box...just go to messages then hit options view folder, then sms out box
    06-30-08 01:35 PM
    Thanks guys! I never even knew that folder existed!!!!

(I did actually send her something.. I'm loosing it!)
    06-30-08 01:38 PM
    haha... strange that was not the default setting... hmm. whatever
    06-30-08 01:43 PM
    Errmm... Correct me if I am being stupid right now... (bm I know you will ) but why would you even need to look in the outbox? All SMS texts, sent and received, are right there in the same little inbox setup. Is this just me???
    06-30-08 01:46 PM
    Yes, that is the default!! His must have gotten changed somehow, that is why I was confused as well. I was wondering how it got changed without him knowing, but who knows! lol!
    06-30-08 01:47 PM
    Yes, that is the default!! His must have gotten changed somehow, that is why I was confused as well. I was wondering how it got changed without him knowing, but who knows! lol!
    Ok... WHEW!
    06-30-08 01:48 PM
    By "inbox setup" do you mean "SMS and MMS"? I can only view "sent" if someone replies to it. But, if I'm the first to send one, it's not there.

Maybe I have a setting not set
    06-30-08 01:49 PM
    You guys need to think outside of the box....
    06-30-08 01:50 PM
    OK! So I just fingered it out.

If you go to the home screen icon labeled "SMS And MMS" (that inbox setup), chose menu, to go "General Options" and scroll down to "Hide Sent Messages" it was on "yes". I switched it, problemo solved-o!
    06-30-08 01:53 PM
    By "inbox setup" do you mean "SMS and MMS"? I can only view "sent" if someone replies to it. But, if I'm the first to send one, it's not there.

Just go to the messages screen Menu > Options > General Options > Hide Sent Messages > No

*EDIT* And it seems like you already did what I posted!! haha... and that should be default so I dunno how it got changed!
    06-30-08 01:54 PM

SMS and MMS should be in one "box." I have mine setup to even log my emails with my SMS/MMS. I am not entirely sure how you have your message settings configured but.... Your sent messages to ANYONE, whether they reply or not, whether you're the first one to send it, should just be right there in your "box," fully viewable.

Ok we need a new term besides "your box." Seriously...

From your sms inbox hit menu key and select options > general options and set hide sent message to 'no'.
    LOL I had hundreds of sent messages (I usually delete my SMS at the end of the day to save space) from weeks ago!!

Thanks everyone!
    06-30-08 01:58 PM
    Your sent messages to ANYONE, whether they reply or not, whether you're the first one to send it, should just be right there in your "box," fully viewable.

Ok we need a new term besides "your box." Seriously...
    This is true. But in the case if someone has hid sent messages then they don't show up in the inbox which you probably already know. Its a little funny that he has his sent messages hidden, but don't know how to get to the folder to view sent messages. LOL. Imma give him the benefit of the doubt and say someone else did it for him .
    06-30-08 02:03 PM
    This is true. But in the case if someone has hid sent messages then they don't show up in the inbox which you probably already know. Its a little funny that he has his sent messages hidden, but don't know how to get to the folder to view sent messages. LOL. Imma give him the benefit of the doubt and say someone else did it for him .
    Yup and see I never even thought of this, because I figured no one changed this setting!
    06-30-08 02:06 PM
    hi> i think i change my setting because i was able to see my sent and received sms messages on my phone in the same box and now i can't. well i can until they reply and then it doesn't show what i sent. and when i go to options> view folder> SMS outbox....it says no messages!!! i already checked the "hide sent messages" and its on no. what else can i do????
    09-03-08 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD