I am running a BB 8110 and have no data service, so the browser is really unnecessary to me. It does nothing other than eat my RAM (if that's how it works), and take up a spot in Application Switcher.

I've looked on google and the only thing I've found is the obviously stated "uncheck browser" - however, I am trying to install the new .102 OS and the checkbox for browser is grayed out. Is there any way to bypass this?
    11-24-08 07:55 PM
    No, you can not uninstall the browser. You may be able to remove the .cod for it though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 08:04 PM
    I've already looked in browser.alx and removed all files that were referenced there. I am not sure if thats how it's supposed to work, but regardless, it didn't. Upon completion of install I was faced with a App Error [restart] screen.
    11-24-08 08:08 PM

what has i done
    11-24-08 08:17 PM
    Looks like you removed the European and Latin fonts.

You really need to reload your OS or at the very least put back
    everything you removed.
    11-24-08 08:22 PM
    Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\YOUR OS HERE\Java

And cut out these modules.

net_rim_bb_browser
    net_rim_bb_browser_daemon

Stick them in a folder in case you need them later. Then go to DM, App loader Add/Remove apps>next>finish. Bye Bye Browser.
    11-24-08 08:49 PM
    pltaylor
    doing what you said gives me an "App Error 205" as seen in the above screenshot ;(
    11-24-08 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD