You know when you take it picture it goes like "Click!". How do I turn this off so it's completely silent?
    09-19-08 01:26 PM
    Cant but you can buy an app to do it
    09-19-08 01:27 PM
    Cant but you can buy an app to do it
    Are you freaking kidding me? Blackberry makes it so you have to BUY a seperate application to make 1 simple sound go away??? Blackberry's have so many limitations with their phones it is ridiculous.

I'm not happy!!
    09-19-08 01:32 PM
    I personally don't find the shutter sound to be that big of a deal. From what I have heard in other posts, the purpose of the sound is a security feature so people know you are taking it due to privacy concerns, especially inside business. If you want to be cheap about it, just plug in a headset. That will get rid of the sound. Also, I find BBs to be very good at what they do. It does email, phone, music, and video, documents. What more do you need?
    09-19-08 01:37 PM
    I personally don't find the shutter sound to be that big of a deal. From what I have heard in other posts, the purpose of the sound is a security feature so people know you are taking it due to privacy concerns, especially inside business. If you want to be cheap about it, just plug in a headset. That will get rid of the sound. Also, I find BBs to be very good at what they do. It does email, phone, music, and video, documents. What more do you need?
    No I mean like what if I want to take a picture of someone but I don't want them to know I did it. That's why I can't have a stupid sound.

and Blackberry's are good but I don't have Picture Mail on mine. Also there is a lack of apps compared to WinMo phones.
    09-19-08 01:44 PM
    I am simply livid.
    09-19-08 01:54 PM
    No I mean like what if I want to take a picture of someone but I don't want them to know I did it. That's why I can't have a stupid sound.
    That is exactly why RIM made it so you can't disable the shutter sound. Look at it this way. RIM has been primarily a company that supplies phones to business users. A lot of businesses have issues with camera phones. The thought of someone using a camera phone to steal information is a serious concern. By making the camera have a shutter sound lessens the concern.

RIM is still new to developing for consumers. Their bread and butter is still business users.

and Blackberry's are good but I don't have Picture Mail on mine. Also there is a lack of apps compared to WinMo phones.
    This also hits on the fact that most BB users are business users. Business users can't have their phone crashing every 5 minutes because some buggy application they installed on their phone. This is one of the things that makes BBs so stable. Most developers have to have a signed security certificate for their apps. It helps cut down on kids that create crappy software. Now this does not mean there is a lack of applications. There are tons! If there is something in particular you are looking for, just ask if anyone knows.
    09-19-08 01:59 PM
    You don't need to be RIM's knight in shining armor... it's ok dude.
    09-19-08 02:07 PM
    I'm not trying to be. I'm just explaining why things are they way they are. But I'll just put you on my ignore list and never help you again.
    09-19-08 02:16 PM
    Some countries (i.e. Korea) require camera phone manufacturers to have their devices make loud noises when pictures and video are taken. It's specifically to prevent people from taking pictures without other's knowing, particularly in compromising situations like change rooms and stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 02:25 PM
    briandv,

In your own words:

Originally Posted by briandv
    please... my experience and knowledge with Blackberrys extends far beyond even most people on this site.

So, you are not even a Blackberry/Smartphone user yet you come here and ask questions. People who know the answers and who are willing to share their knowledge with you freely seem to get sliced, chopped down and spit out by you in every thread you surface in. Even when the question you ask has already been answered in several other threads someone still takes the time to politely provide you with an answer and all you can do is make them feel like a fool for even offering to help. I think you need to take a deep breath and revisit from whence you came. You will find 99.9% of the people here very friendly and helpful. The other .1% might be kind of like you sound here today. There is great knowledge here, beyond even your thoughts... accept the help and be grateful.
    09-19-08 02:33 PM
    There is an app I found for FREE called Peek-A-Boo that shuts off shutter sound. It is a demo and won't silence it forever. I believe I found it at berryreview.com

09-19-08 02:34 PM
    You don't need to be RIM's knight in shining armor... it's ok dude.
    Don't be an ***, M'kay?
    09-19-08 02:44 PM
    Oh its funny to watch the new kids feed themselves to the Sunkast.

Little advice from what I've learned. Ask a question and it will be answered

Open the topic up for opinions, whining, and what Iffs and as a newbe you will be skipped over.

Thought I do enjoy watching him get worked up and sometimes he comes off like an A hole. Sunkast is one of the most informed members I've had the pleasure of butting heads with.

Just have to learn to take straight facts no frill answers.

Kind of like when you ask your boss how to do something and when you start B*tching he asks if you'd rather be fired.

09-19-08 02:53 PM
    No I mean like what if I want to take a picture of someone but I don't want them to know I did it.
    LOL...suddenly I find myself very, VERY happy that the camera sound can't be turned off.
    09-19-08 02:56 PM
    Oh its funny to watch the new kids feed themselves to the Sunkast.
    ISTM some of the ermm... newbies seem to be rather skilled Trolls. Find a flame thread and you'll find the same familiar names fanning the flame. Even when there's another active thread with a lot more useful content on the same topic (but less visibility for the flame bait)
    09-19-08 03:22 PM
    You asked a question and got an answer. You didn't like the answer. Too bad.

Pervert.
    09-19-08 04:06 PM
    I'm not trying to be. I'm just explaining why things are they way they are. But I'll just put you on my ignore list and never help you again.
    No sorry dude some guy posted after you and said 'go to a winmo device if u dont like it' but I guess he deleted his post or a mod deleted it. That wasn't directed towards you.

I think I'm just goin to take my BB apart and disconnect 1 of the speaker wires which should solve the problem. I NEED to take pictures of certain ppl without them knowing.
    09-19-08 04:57 PM

There is an application out there to turn off the shutter sound on the camera. I've seen it before, just don't remember where it's at.
    09-19-08 05:00 PM
    Briandy,

I PM'ed you the link to the FREE software that you're asking about.
    It CAN be shut off... Have a look at it.
    09-19-08 05:04 PM
    Briandy,

I PM'ed you the link to the FREE software that you're asking about.
    It CAN be shut off... Have a look at it.
    Yeah I just tried that but as far as I can tell it justs open the camera and automatically takes a picture normally with the shutter sound and all.

BTW I'm on an 8330. Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by briandv; 09-19-08 at 06:04 PM.
    09-19-08 05:41 PM

my take on things

you prolly shouldn't be taking pics of people without them knowing
    Last edited by benzworm; 09-19-08 at 06:04 PM. Reason: the pic was worth 1000 words
    09-19-08 05:51 PM
    That app doesn't work on your BB.

09-19-08 05:51 PM
    Then I'm ripping the speaker out of this device simple as that.

Curve is a personal use phone if you want a phone for business get the World phone end of discussion RIM needs to get their act together.
    09-19-08 06:03 PM
    Let me see if I got this: You are going to void your warranty
    because you can't handle the speaker sound.

I cannot imagine how the shutter sound is important enough
    to warrant all of this.
    09-19-08 06:13 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD