So I've been reading

About switching to the Mobile Services Protocol

on how to make Hotmail able to supposedly push stuff to my BB. As of now I only get mail every 15 minutes or so, so I think it's polling rather than pushing.

The above talks about changing Hotmail from POP to a "Mobile Servies Protocol" but doesn't say HOW to do so.

Anybody know? I have a half dozen hotmail accounts that are all very busy and would like to get mail when it arrives, not 15 minutes later.

thx
    11-10-09 10:48 PM
    Hotmail pushes email to the BB fairly fast, almost instantly. With my experience, once you set up your Hotmail email on BIS, it works immediately without having to do anything through Hotmail.

BIS 2.8 with Hotmail - Directly from RIM

* With BlackBerry Internet Service 2.8, new Windows Live Hotmail mail integrations will be defaulted to a protocol that is designed so as not to require 90 day reauthorization.
    * Note: Existing BlackBerry smart phone users accessing Windows Live Hotmail using Microsoft MSP will still be required to revalidate their Windows Live Hotmail account every 90 days.
    More: BIS 2.8 - POP3 protocol to integrate MSN, Hotmail, and Windows Live e-mail accounts
    Last edited by fabuloso; 11-10-09 at 11:03 PM.
    11-10-09 10:59 PM
    right but my Hotmail doesn't do that.

I see that I can do it through BIS, but since I have a verizon account I do BIS through my phone unless I "create a user name" to log into BIS through the web. I'll ask about it in another thread.
    11-10-09 11:07 PM
    Is it that hard to create a user name to log into bis through the web to set up the account once?
    11-10-09 11:09 PM
    Your account gets created through BIS 1 time only. The moment your IMEI and PIN get registered through your carriers BIS, you are given the option to create your BIS account with email set up.

Its fairly easy.
    11-10-09 11:28 PM
    I just registered on BIS several weeks after getting my BB.
    11-11-09 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD