I would like to give my wife my Z10 with 10.3.2 OS. She has exact phone with same OS but its not working properly. Can you give me a step by step on this? Thanks! When I swap SIM cards, The phone still receives email, texts, and BBMs addressed to me. If I do a security wipe, does it wipe out the OS? What then?
    Last edited by DaddyBenz; 08-31-15 at 04:15 PM.
    08-31-15 03:19 PM
    Have you tried swapping SIM cards?
    08-31-15 03:27 PM
    I would like to give my wife my Z10 with 10.3.2 OS. She has exact phone with same OS but its not working properly. Can you give me a step by step on this? Thanks! When I swap SIM cards, The phone still receives email, texts, and BBMs addressed to me. If I do a security wipe, does it wipe out the OS? What then?
    Does she use the same BlackBerry ID? If not, have you signed your phone out of your ID and signed in with hers?

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    08-31-15 09:51 PM
    Assuming you each have your own BBID that you wish to keep yourselves, then you must diasble BlackBerry Protect on each device, and then perform a security wipe or run an autoloader (which would be faster). The devices will return to factory settings and you can enter a new BBID (your own).

You could restore a backup at this stage from your previous device, but this might be a good time to start fresh.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    08-31-15 10:03 PM
    Assuming you each have your own BBID that you wish to keep yourselves, then you must diasble BlackBerry Protect on each device, and then perform a security wipe or run an autoloader (which would be faster). The devices will return to factory settings and you can enter a new BBID (your own).

You could restore a backup at this stage from your previous device, but this might be a good time to start fresh.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    So basically

1. Turn BlackBerry Protect off on the phone your giving her.
    2. Perform a Security Wipe on the phone your giving her.
    3. Use BlackBerry Link and use Device Switch. Plug your wife's old Z10 in and select Device Switch, it will back it up and then ask you to unplug & plug the 'new device' in to restore all her data.
    'or' just setup the 'new device' manually,

Once the new device is up and running and everything is OK, on the old device, BlackBerry Protect off & Security Wipe it.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-01-15 04:28 AM