Am i supposed to use Outook or Outlook Express? Is this a wireless sync or do I need to use the usb cable? How do I tell Outlook that a BB is trying to sync this information - are there some type of settings I need to switch? What if we have 2 BB in the family - does Outlook have the ability to separate them? Can I transfer contacts to OUtlook? How?
    JsuLori
    09-26-08 02:10 PM
    install the Blackberry Desktop Manager software and follow the instructions.

Then plug in either Blackberry and select sync.

The software identifies which Blackberry is connected.

If you are using Bluetooth to wireless sync, make sure the Bluetooth driver is installed prior to loading the Blackberry Desktop Manager
    09-26-08 04:30 PM
    What if we have 2 BB in the family - does Outlook have the ability to separate them? Can I transfer contacts to OUtlook? How?
    JsuLori
    Outlook keeps 'personal' data like address books as part of the current user's profile. If your 2 BB users have their own login (Windows) there should not be a problem.

If they don't have personal logins, maybe it is about time to apply some basic Windows security measures. Go take a look around DShield; Cooperative Network Security Community - Internet Security - dshield and pick up some hints (some aimed at corporate but there is plenty for home users too).
    09-26-08 06:32 PM
    I loaded the DM, but when I synced it, it gave me error message that said nothing was synced - even though I checked calendar and contacts.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

install the Blackberry Desktop Manager software and follow the instructions.

Then plug in either Blackberry and select sync.

The software identifies which Blackberry is connected.

If you are using Bluetooth to wireless sync, make sure the Bluetooth driver is installed prior to loading the Blackberry Desktop Manager
    09-26-08 07:01 PM
    Does Desktop Manager show your device's pin number at the bottom of the screen?

What version of Outlook are you using. Outlook 2000 is not supported by the current Desktop Manager.
    09-26-08 11:35 PM
    welcome to cb
    09-26-08 11:38 PM
    yes, it shows the PIN number and says it has been successfully synced, but then an error message shows up saying there was nothing to sync. I have appts on my Outlook calendar (2003) and they are not showing up on my bb.
    thanks for any help.

Does Desktop Manager show your device's pin number at the bottom of the screen?

What version of Outlook are you using. Outlook 2000 is not supported by the current Desktop Manager.
    09-27-08 09:23 AM
    Is it just the calendar that's not synching? Did your contacts synch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 03:42 PM
    Hi JeffH

I have outlook experss 2006 and I don't even see any calender. Can you help?
    10-26-09 07:13 PM
    I don't have OE, so I can't check it, but I don't think it includes a calendar. For that, you need to purchase Outlook, or one of the free programs such as Google.

10-26-09 08:53 PM
    JeffH is right - OE has no calendar. In fact, I don't think BlackBerry syncs with OE.

10-26-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD