So I've read on a couple of posts how some folks switch back and forth from q10 to q20. How's that done? Do you have to keep calling the provider to enable the SIM cards being their both different?
    05-09-15 08:29 AM
    Like you stated, using different sized sim cards, they can't be switched -- unless you use a sim adapter. Or, you can contact the carrier to reassign the ESN/IMEI and ICCID to each phone. You can possibly also do it yourself on the carrier's web portal. However, with Verizon and AT&T, you can only reassign devices 10 times per phone per billing cycle. Changing IMEI is considered a plan change, and you can only make 10 plan changes per billing cycle. Changing sim card is not counted as a plan change. Their customer service and tech support don't even know of this rule. I have 8 phones, and I rotate them every 3 or so days. I have to keep track of how many swaps I can make.
    Last edited by quangtran1; 05-09-15 at 09:09 AM.
    05-09-15 08:51 AM
    Like you stated, using different sized sim cards, they can't be switched -- unless you use a sim adapter. Or, you can contact the carrier to reassign the ESN/IMEI and ICCID to each phone. You can possibly also do it yourself on the carrier's web portal. However, with Verizon and AT&T, you can only reassign devices 10 times per phone per billing cycle. Changing IMEI is considered a plan change, and you can only make 10 plan changes per billing cycle. Changing sim card is not counted as a plan change. Their customer service and tech support don't even know of this rule. I have 8 phones, and I rotate them every 3 or so days. I have to keep track of how many swaps I can make.
    Thanks for the tip on the adapter. Bought them for 1$. Works great. Now can switch back and forth whenever.
    05-17-15 09:10 AM