So I recently got a new car that has a 3.5mm headphone jack built right into the dash. With my Storm 2, I simply plug one end of an RCA cable into the headphone jack on the phone and the other into the dash. This allows me to play music through the car's speakers as well as make phone calls (my voice is picked up by the phone's microphone, but the other person comes through the car's speakers).

While this works great, I can't help but want to get rid of the cable. I figured I could get some sort of adapter / dongle that plugs into the headphone jack on the dash and would receive a bluetooth signal (music or phone call) from my Blackberry. After doing much searching, there are few products out there that work in that "direction" - almost all the adapters are the type that would plug into my phone and broadcast the output over bluetooth, not receive the bluetooth signal.

I did find this on Amazon: Sony DRC-BT15 Bluetooth� Wireless Audio Receiver but I'm not positive that will do what I want it to, both for music and for phone calls.

Anyone else in a similar situation and found a way to make this work?
    12-17-09 09:01 AM
    Hi, I got Microsoft SYNC on my Escape and I love it it does all that and more the thing is I do not know if you can get it aftermarket for your car. I would look at Parrot they could have something that would please you. The thing is most of the BT hard wired systems will do phone calls, mute your radio and some will send the signal to your speakers. I hope this help.
    12-17-09 09:13 AM
    Yeah that might work but I guess what I'm really looking for is a 3.5mm headphone jack -> Bluetooth receiver, preferably something small that can just poke out of my dash.
    12-17-09 09:21 AM
    Buy a Motorola T505!

100 bucks in store, I've gotten 2 off ebay for 35 bucks!
    01-07-10 04:42 AM
    That thing could work, I was thinking I should use the car's input jack, but Bluetooth + FM transmitter should work as well and actually be easier since there are zero cables involved.

Now to go and find a cheap one!

P.S. Anyone looking to sell their Motorola T505?
    01-07-10 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD