Hello in the last two weeks i have put on 3gb worth of data on my fone twice and both times within a few hours my data is done. Both times i have all my apps closed!
    The both times that i check data usage it is showing that Android Player used it up in downloaded data. Can someone please tell me what exactly is android player and how do i stop this?...is it something with the new bb update?

i have been using this fone for almost a year and never had this problem, any help would be welcome
    01-13-16 10:16 AM
    It's one of your Android apps running amok.

Mind listing them?
    01-13-16 10:18 AM
    Amazon kindle
    Cnn breaking News
    Fifa 15 Ultimate Team
    Bass Guitar Tuner & chords
    Digicel top Up
    Espn
    ESPN FC
    Extreme Skater
    Fine bass Tuner
    Guitar Tuner Free- Guitar Tuna
    Jamaica labour Party
    Jamaica Observer
    My Aero
    Scotia Bank
    Whitehouse

Thats all the ones on Google Play which i think is most of them...definitly all the recent ones
    01-13-16 10:55 AM
    Hello in the last two weeks i have put on 3gb worth of data on my fone twice and both times within a few hours my data is done. Both times i have all my apps closed!
    The both times that i check data usage it is showing that Android Player used it up in downloaded data. Can someone please tell me what exactly is android player and how do i stop this?...is it something with the new bb update?

i have been using this fone for almost a year and never had this problem, any help would be welcome

some one suggested something is wrong with one of my android apps does anyone know how to find out which one?

see below for a list of my android apps
    Amazon kindle
    Cnn breaking News
    Fifa 15 Ultimate Team
    Digicel top Up
    Espn
    ESPN FC
    Extreme Skater
    Fine bass Tuner
    Jamaica labour Party
    Jamaica Observer
    My Aero
    Scotia Bank
    Whitehouse
    google play
    quicken
    01-13-16 01:53 PM
    How do I stop Android Player draining my mobile data?-img_20160113_161643.png

Anybody else got any clues?
    01-13-16 03:24 PM

some one suggested something is wrong with one of my android apps does anyone know how to find out which one?

Amazon kindle
    Cnn breaking News
    Fifa 15 Ultimate Team
    Digicel top Up
    Espn
    ESPN FC
    Extreme Skater
    Fine bass Tuner
    Jamaica labour Party
    Jamaica Observer
    My Aero
    Scotia Bank
    Whitehouse
    google play
    quicken
    Just added this thread to an ongoing discussion here.
    01-13-16 03:31 PM
    Any idea if you had anything active during that data spike?
    01-13-16 05:07 PM
    Have you checked every single android app in the device monitor? If you already did that, have you noticed this 'spike' in a specific android app?
    Other than that I suggest you to backup (not the android apps of course), format installing an autoloader and then reinstall one-by-one all of your android apps,monitoring your data every now and then after each installation

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 06:32 PM

Amazon kindle
    Cnn breaking News
    Fifa 15 Ultimate Team
    Digicel top Up
    Espn
    ESPN FC
    Extreme Skater
    Fine bass Tuner
    Jamaica labour Party
    Jamaica Observer
    My Aero
    Scotia Bank
    Whitehouse
    google play
    quicken
    Delete the Amazon Kindle app. It has been found by many to malfunction on BB10. Also, the Amazon store app can cause problems if you give it access to your files.
    I had a battery drain issue more than a year ago. All problems went away when I deleted the kindle app and did not allow the amazon store app access to my files, location, etc.
    However, I don't use any android app.
    01-14-16 03:06 AM
    No all my apps where off
    01-14-16 05:12 AM
    Have you checked every single android app in the device monitor? If you already did that, have you noticed this 'spike' in a specific android app?
    Other than that I suggest you to backup (not the android apps of course), format installing an autoloader and then reinstall one-by-one all of your android apps,monitoring your data every now and then after each installation

Posted via CB10
    yes i have checked all the amazon apps in device monitor. the problem is that the spike only shows in the android player. sorry i am not very tech savy but what do you mean by format installing an autoloader?
    01-14-16 05:17 AM
    silly question :P
    wouldn't it be easier to use a Google device with all this Android app's of yours instead of torture a BlackBerry with Google bugs?

Google does not care about BlackBerry so why should BlackBerry care about Google app's?
    either get proper BlackBerry app's from BBW or buy a Google phone and use Playstore....

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    01-14-16 07:17 AM
    silly question :P
    wouldn't it be easier to use a Google device with all this Android app's of yours instead of torture a BlackBerry with Google bugs?

Google does not care about BlackBerry so why should BlackBerry care about Google app's?
    either get proper BlackBerry app's from BBW or buy a Google phone and use Playstore....

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    I am sorry but i prefer using blackberry phones, but the problem is that bbw is very limited...so unfortunately i have to use some android apps.
    I would apreciate if u could actually help the situation tho
    01-14-16 08:03 AM
    yes i have checked all the amazon apps in device monitor. the problem is that the spike only shows in the android player. sorry i am not very tech savy but what do you mean by format installing an autoloader?
    Take a look here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=909279

And take a look at the BB10 section of the forum for looking for the right autoloader for your device.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 08:54 AM
    Update your Android apps turn off location services.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 01-14-16 at 09:45 PM.
    01-14-16 08:08 PM
    I thought Android apps downloaded from the Amazon store don't individually show up in device monitor and are just added to the System numbers?

Download Ghost Commander from BBW. Navigate to the folder listing all the Android apps. Long press each one and select Manage. Then, if you see it is running, you can select the Force Kill option. I had to do this when I was having major battery drain issues with these apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 05:49 AM