My "original" flip finally gave up the ghost, so I got a new unlocked one from Best Buy. I have a good backup, but there doesn't seem to be a way to tell DM to restore to a different device. When I try the Device Switch Wizard it wants me to connect the old BB, which is non-functional. There has to be a way to do this, am I missing something obvious? A quick search of Crackberry didn't seem to reveal an answer.

Never mind -- I figured it out. I thought i had connected the New 'Berry to the computer, but the other end of the USB cable wasn't connected. Once I did that I was able to restore it

Mods -- You can delete this thread, if for no other reason to save my (limited) cred in this forum
    Last edited by Tiassa; 01-22-11 at 03:13 PM.
    01-22-11 03:07 PM
    Run Desktop Manager and select the good backup from your old phone. That's all you have to do. That will restore all your personal database, but not your applications.
    01-22-11 03:10 PM
    JeffH is correct, you will need to re add your applications but if you have a valid back up file on your pc then its as easy as stated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 04:18 PM
    Yes Jeff and Fubaz are correct and to go one step further if you have BBSAK on your PC and backup your 3rd party apps using this program then you can do as they said then go to BBSAK and restore your 3rd party apps as well.
    01-22-11 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD