The app storage like the ' obb ' files. Some of these files are quite big and take up a lot of space. Is there anyway to perhaps move them to the media card ?
    09-09-15 10:43 AM
    Given that this thread is over a month old, I dunno that the OP will ever see it... but anyway...

Go to Settings -> Applications/Application Manager -> Find and Select the App -> Tap on Move To SD-Card button.

Note that this only works with apps where the developer enabled the ability to move it to SDCard.
    I don't believe this is possible. The media card is just that for media, you can't store runnable programs on it.
    10-27-15 08:29 AM
    Given that this thread is over a month old, I dunno that the OP will ever see it... but anyway...

Go to Settings -> Applications/Application Manager -> Find and Select the App -> Tap on Move To SD-Card button.

Note that this only works with apps where the developer enabled the ability to move it to SDCard.
    10-27-15 08:43 AM

Doesn't that just archive the app? Also I'm trying to clear out old questions. An answered question can STILL be helpful to the next guy/gal looking for info on the same topic.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-27-15 08:47 AM
    Doesn't that just archive the app? Also I'm trying to clear out old questions. An answered question can STILL be helpful to the next guy/gal looking for info on the same topic.
    Nope, you can run the apps from the SD Card. It's up to the developer to determine which files can be moved to the SD Card. Some will specify only data files generated by the app be moved or stored on the card. Some will allow the entire package. Some won't enable it at all (though most tend to allow it), Most often, the only apps that can't be moved to SD Card are those that came pre-installed with the device.

[edit]But then too, there may be a bit of wonkiness in the works with the runtime on BB10 devices. But I could swear I've helped someone do it before.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-27-15 09:18 AM
    Nope, you can run the apps from the SD Card. It's up to the developer to determine which files can be moved to the SD Card. Some will specify only data files generated by the app be moved or stored on the card. Some will allow the entire package. Some won't enable it at all (though most tend to allow it), Most often, the only apps that can't be moved to SD Card are those that came pre-installed with the device.

[edit]But then too, there may be a bit of wonkiness in the works with the runtime on BB10 devices. But I could swear I've helped someone do it before.
    I had already marked you as the answer, and like I said hopefully the next person looking will see it. The ultimate goal is to have these Q&As be a searchable database.
    10-27-15 09:26 AM