When I attach an auxiliary input into my Z10 it recognises the difference between a pair of headphones and a line-out input. I want my Nexus 7 to do the same thing but I have no idea how to make it happen. The thing is I'm using a pair of Sony Pulses and when Bass Impact is turned on they require a fair bit of power from the device they're plugged into. But my Nexus won't allow it a line-out connection - it only has one sound profile if that makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 05:30 PM
    You'll probably get a better response if you post this in the nexus 7 section of the android central forums

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-11-14 05:54 PM
    You'll probably get a better response if you post this in the nexus 7 section of the android central forums

Posted via CB10
    No one even replies on there it's really **** over there

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-11-14 06:24 PM
    I don't believe Nexus tablets have line out(amp circuit bypass) via the audio port. Are you trying to connect the audio port to an portable amplifier and then to the head phones?
    09-11-14 06:53 PM
    Do you mean like a DAC? No. Even when I connect it to an auxiliary cable for my Harman/Kardon SoundSticks the quality isn't as good as when I use my Z10 - it's never loud enough either. Like I said when I connect my Z10 to an auxiliary based device it recognises so and changes the output to auxiliary. When I'm using a standard set of headphones or earphones it changes the output to headphones.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 04:42 PM
    The Nexus 7 is half (or less) of the MSRP of your phone, and a number of features deemed "less important" were omitted in order to reach the price-point and get them into more people's hands. That's why, for example, the first-gen N7 didn't have a rear-facing camera. Given that, it's not surprising that it lacks a feature like this - money had to be saved someplace.

I'm sure a $500+ tablet would have this feature, but the N7 apparently does not.
    ruhban likes this.
    09-15-14 09:06 PM
    Oh, I should add that the 1st Gen N7 did have USB line output, and had an optional dock that used the pogo pins on the side to connect to the dock's line out connections.

Nexus 7 Dock Review
    09-15-14 09:09 PM
    Yeah you can hold the Volume+ button to override the stock volume limits but then you may get distortion. If you feel comfortable rooting and install rom there is a special roms like AutoDroid that enable USB DAC support so can for example use a FiiO E07.
    09-17-14 12:04 PM
    I don't get it,.. you say your headset requires "a fair bit of power" form the source; his however the "line out" mode does exactly the opposite. Line out is meant to feed self-powered equipment (amps, powered speakers, etc.), as opposed to the normal headset mode, which is meant to be fed to un powered equipment (like normal head sets).

Maybe you mean something different by "power".

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 12:16 PM
    How do I make my Nexus recognize line-out? I don't know. I don't use one. Why would you ask that here?
    09-17-14 03:44 PM
    How do I make my Nexus recognize line-out? I don't know. I don't use one. Why would you ask that here?
    If you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say anything. To answer your question it was to avoid people like you.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 06:04 PM
    The Nexus 7 is half (or less) of the MSRP of your phone, and a number of features deemed "less important" were omitted in order to reach the price-point and get them into more people's hands. That's why, for example, the first-gen N7 didn't have a rear-facing camera. Given that, it's not surprising that it lacks a feature like this - money had to be saved someplace.

I'm sure a $500+ tablet would have this feature, but the N7 apparently does not.
    That makes a lot of sense. I'll watch out for this next time I'm tablet hunting

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 06:05 PM
    Yeah you can hold the Volume+ button to override the stock volume limits but then you may get distortion. If you feel comfortable rooting and install rom there is a special roms like AutoDroid that enable USB DAC support so can for example use a FiiO E07.
    Even if I hit the limit of the volume bar?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 06:06 PM
    I don't get it,.. you say your headset requires "a fair bit of power" form the source; his however the "line out" mode does exactly the opposite. Line out is meant to feed self-powered equipment (amps, powered speakers, etc.), as opposed to the normal headset mode, which is meant to be fed to un powered equipment (like normal head sets).

Maybe you mean something different by "power".

Posted via CB10
    Power was probably the wrong word. I meant sound maybe?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 06:07 PM
    Even if I hit the limit of the volume bar?

Posted via CB10
    yes. Plug in to your headphone jack, go to home screen then hold the Volume+ button you should get a warning. Then go to your sound app like Mxplayer then you should be able to boost the volume further. Note this gets reset when you reboot.
    Might want to search the Sony Pulse forum and see if this is a known issue with that device and the Nexus 7. Its a strange issue you are describing.

You an also do it thru an app that does the same thing without bypassing the warning every time. Hearing Saver
    Last edited by Ment; 09-17-14 at 07:01 PM. Reason: added app link
    09-17-14 06:45 PM
    If you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say anything. To answer your question it was to avoid people like you.

Posted via CB10
    Don't snap at someone that is pointing out the painfully obvious fact that you're posting this in the absolutely worst place for you to get an answer. The Nexus 7 is an Android tablet, not a BlackBerry tablet. You should be posting this on Android Central or any one of the many other Android forums to get a proper answer.

And let me not forget, follow your own advice. If you don't have anything nice to respond with to someone posting in your thread, don't say anything at all.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-17-14 06:48 PM
    My point was that you are in the wrong forum. No need to be so rude. Was I rude to you?
    09-17-14 10:07 PM